NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one hurt just as much as the last one 33 years ago. Missed opportunities all over the field for Cincinnati, particularly when OBJ left the game and the Rams had Kupp as their only realistic passing option.

Taylor's playcalling in the second half was questionable - Mixon and the running game averaging nearly five yards per carry and you're ahead by four, but you keep dropping back to pass and allow Aaron Donald and Von Miller to get to work against an OL that can't block? I don't see the sense in that.

Sad to see the refs suddenly decide to flag every Bengals defensive back on every play in the Rams' game-winning drive, but that's not the reason they won. Cincinnati had enough chances to win the game in the second half but went away from the run game when they shouldn't have. I would have kept running Mixon until the Rams started walking a safety up to put seven or eight in the box, then started hitting Chase, Boyd and Higgins for massive YAC the moment they were in single coverage with no safety help.

Ultimately the Rams deserved it slightly more, and had OBJ stayed on the field they would have taken it by a bigger margin anyway. If they can add some juice to their run game they will continue to be a powerhouse in the NFC.

Hopefully the Bengals address their woeful OL in the offseason and make a deep playoff run again next year - I suspect we might see a Bills v Bengals AFC championship game IF the Bengals can somehow keep this roster together. Boyd, Higgins, Hubbard, Wilson and Bates will all attract interest from other teams.

Last edited:
Disappointed the Bengals didn’t manage to pull it out. Tee Higgins went to the same high school as I did (although MANY years after I’d graduated) and it would have been neat to see a local kid win a SB.

Quick poll of the season for your teams. For me:
Team: Bills
Offensive player: Allen
Defensive player: Poyer
Best game: KC playoffs (keep the ball in play or go for another 2pt att)
Worst Game: loss to Jags (we could have hosted KC ffs)
Offensive play: Diggs toe drag TD vs Jets in week 17.
Defensive play: Hyde’s end zone pick against the Pats in the Wildcard
Most improved: Singletary and his run game towards the end of the regular season and into the playoffs was what we’ve needed since McCoy left. I’d say Davies but he didn’t need to improve, he just needed time, which McDermott didn’t give him until late on.

Predictions for next year: Allen gets a serious injury. With the way he plays I’m surprised he hasn’t had one already. With that, we miss the playoffs. Being an Evertonian and a member of Bills Mafia makes you pessimistic sorry

lol lol :coffee:
The effort you've gone to there - to create an account on a Bengals forum just to post nonsense like that, so you can then come on HERE and use it as support for your own pettiness... Wow.

As I said, Cincinnati had enough chances to win and clearly failed to take them. Not scoring after the Bates interception in the end zone, just before halftime, was huge. Even a fg there would have made a difference. We could have been further ahead going into the fourth quarter, and we should have burned a load of clock by giving Mixon the ball and running straight at Aaron Donald. Had we done that, the refs become a non-factor.

The effort you've gone to there - to create an account on a Bengals forum just to post nonsense like that, so you can then come on HERE and use it as support for your own pettiness... Wow.

As I said, Cincinnati had enough chances to win and clearly failed to take them. Not scoring after the Bates interception in the end zone, just before halftime, was huge. Even a fg there would have made a difference. We could have been further ahead going into the fourth quarter, and we should have burned a load of clock by giving Mixon the ball and running straight at Aaron Donald. Had we done that, the refs become a non-factor.
Except the guy who started the thread joined in 2015, has posted over 4,000 times since then and is located in the dumpster that is Springfield, OH.

lol lol lol

Opponents will be one from; (9 home games less the 3 Divisional teams- Divisional games are USA only)
Giants
Jets (unlikely as they were over last year)
Cowboys
Pats
Titans
Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back