NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just silly. Are you personally going to stop the game from happening? Is it doing any actual harm to you or to anyone else? All you are doing with your principled stand is denying yourself a fun experience.
Isn't he correct though. They could set up a local league and watch those games and see the development. People won't do it though, they just become sheep and follow the Sky sports/ ESPN hype. Then people wonder why no one supports anyone other than big teams.

Isn't he correct though. They could set up a local league and watch those games and see the development. People won't do it though, they just become sheep and follow the Sky sports/ ESPN hype. Then people wonder why no one supports anyone other than big teams.
They tried that with NFL Europe. it’s not something I’d be interested in again. I love the NFL for what it is . All year round entertainment.

I’m happy that people get to experience NFL games over here, but I don’t go just out of principle because I’d be outraged if they started moving premier league/Everton games to Dubai or the states or whatever. Can’t see why these games aren’t just pre season games, have mini tournaments like the European footy teams do in America.
The addition of a 17th game seems like a good opportunity for growing the game abroad. Just work out the schedule so each team plays 8 home games, 8 away games and one overseas or in Mexico. Probably try to avoid playing division rivals in those games as well. That way no American fans are getting shortchanged a home game.

From a competitive standpoint, the schedules aren’t exactly fair to begin with since teams don’t play every other team to begin with. There might even be some room to add some additional fairness here, if they were to have two weekends, at the midpoint of the season, that was “international break” week where half the teams traveled one week, with the other half on bye, and vice versa the following week. Having all the byes contained within a two week stretch would certainly make them easier to cope with from a fantasy football perspective.

That's the point. The hype has told us that lesser leagues are not entertaining or lack action and skill which is nonsense.
I think they are right tbh . In terms of the NFL anyway . they will always have the monopoly on everything making any spin off league poor in comparison.

in England we are lucky because our football pyramid is the envy of the world imo. Even the conference and below is fun .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back