NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a first ballot HOF because of 2012 to 2019. We aren't getting 2014 Russ in 2022. The guy we've gotten the last few years is in the above average group. And to bring it full circle Aaron Rodgers has literally been the best player in football. That's not me talking. They had a vote and decided that. They're on different levels now.

I'm not even the biggest Herbert guy out there and I'm still alright with the take that the Broncos went from the worst QB to the second worst in their division.
I'm interested to hear what you think about Herbert. Given you say your not a Herbert guy. What don't you like about him? Genuine question. Not looking to pick straws or anything just intrigued.

I'm interested to hear what you think about Herbert. Given you say your not a Herbert guy. What don't you like about him? Genuine question. Not looking to pick straws or anything just intrigued.
I just think it is too much too soon. I mean I see the potential but the narrative is currently that he's in the group with the guys and I think that's projection based on his high points and not reality quite yet. I'd be surprised if he didn't take the next step but imo there is a clear step to take still.

I think a good example of this is that last Raiders game. He was fun. He made some ridiculous plays. He was also 34 for 64. It wasn't actually a stellar QB performance and was closer to a once in a career miracle that he took them to OT. And yet the talk after was "Herbert is HERE."

For me he's like the 12th best QB or something (I didn't actually think about it very hard) which is exciting as hell for a second year guy with his traits but that is also a low ranking compared to the prevailing sentiment.

Mate Wilson is like Bovril or veggiemite to NFL fans. ( not sure of a US equivalent to either if these substances)

Folk either like him or hate him.

I fear you are wasting your time debating with people about how good he is.

I know you and I have discussed him before and I see his talent. Heck more recent games aside he's always done a great job against my Rams.

A lot of people forget that Wilson was kind of hampered by your GM and cheat carrol deciding not to upgrade that oline drastically. I will never understand why they didn't.
He was the frontrunner for the MVP just two years ago until letting him cook was deemed a bad strategy.

He was the frontrunner for the MVP just two years ago until letting him cook was deemed a bad strategy.
Yep. I fear his poorer performance came because your team was just sucking it up and were all over the place.

I think he's a shrewd signing for the broncos.

I just think it is too much too soon. I mean I see the potential but the narrative is currently that he's in the group with the guys and I think that's projection based on his high points and not reality quite yet. I'd be surprised if he didn't take the next step but imo there is a clear step to take still.

I think a good example of this is that last Raiders game. He was fun. He made some ridiculous plays. He was also 34 for 64. It wasn't actually a stellar QB performance and was closer to a once in a career miracle that he took them to OT. And yet the talk after was "Herbert is HERE."

For me he's like the 12th best QB or something (I didn't actually think about it very hard) which is exciting as hell for a second year guy with his traits but that is also a low ranking compared to the prevailing sentiment.
I hear you. Many of my friends are still Chargers fans. I have to remind them they are renting right now in LA haha! But yeah they are all ready talking superbowls and hall of fame with Herbert haha!

It's like slow down give the lad a chance. They did that with Rivers too. Gave him a massive ego here.

Going to be sad to watch Wilson given the run around by Mahomes twice a season but it is what it is.

Andy Reid is gonna have to adjust his play calling because his QB clearly can't figure out an 8 DB situation. It's a copycat league and Mahomes has struggled badly when the decision is on him vs the obvious choices baked into a brilliant offensive scheme.

Well it depends on what storyline the NFL scriptwriters go with this year, right Kev?
Kev the glory hunter pretending he has supported the chiefs along time with the epic take on the upcoming season as always

Before 2015 the Chiefs record has been iffy at best for at least 20 years. No chance he picked a crap team of all the teams you.could have picked in the 90's or early 00's

Although Kansas does have a big Russian population so who knows

its a trade that makes sense from both the bears and chargers perspective.
cheers to matt nagy for wasting Macks prime years
I agree with all that . Fangio leaving after the 2018 season didn’t help . he’s been injured on and off for 2 years and for Mack to be at his best that’s never good. His best game was his first game in that crushing defeat to Green bay. He lifted everyon’s game that year . only for Nagy to fail to build on it.

superb player though . him and Bosa together has big potential. I’m sure Staley being a Fangio disciple will make the most of him.

it’s give me another reason to enjoy watching the chargers next season , the baby blue Colours, Herbert and Bosa .

Mack and hicks are 2 big holes to fill but it’s needed imo.

I agree with all that . Fangio leaving after the 2018 season didn’t help . he’s been injured on and off for 2 years and for Mack to be at his best that’s never good. His best game was his first game in that crushing defeat to Green bay. He lifted everyon’s game that year . only for Nagy to fail to build on it.

superb player though . him and Bosa together has big potential. I’m sure Staley being a Fangio disciple will make the most of him.

it’s give me another reason to enjoy watching the chargers next season , the baby blue Colours, Herbert and Bosa .

Mack and hicks are 2 big holes to fill but it’s needed imo.

yes i'll be watching the chargers a lot next season when the bears arent playing.

hopefully Poles can now start to build an offence around Fields that will actually be good to watch too, 2022 will be tough but plenty of reason to be optimistic from then on.

yes i'll be watching the chargers a lot next season when the bears arent playing.

hopefully Poles can now start to build an offence around Fields that will actually be good to watch too, 2022 will be tough but plenty of reason to be optimistic from then on.
good to know another bears fan is on here .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back