NFL 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs have added Ronald jones to their running back room, decent pick up. they could be planning to run the ball more while they bed in a new top rookie receiver.
Not that aware of this guy but his numbers look decent

That is one is less position to concern ourselves with in the draft

Didn't realise Pioli had gone. When your O-line got completely rebuilt a couple years back I presumed that was his work. My bad.

Last year both Hill and Kelce often attracted double coverage. Now only Kelce does. Losing your #1 WR in order to switch your existing #2 WR and #3 WR for upgraded #2 and #3 receivers isn't addition by subtraction, because you are left without a #1.

Now it may be that there is a plan in motion to attract a FA veteran but none of the WRs left are #1 WRs who command double coverage so that doesn't help. Equally it may be that the draft is the answer BUT if there's a run on receivers between picks 10 and 20 then you have a problem there too. That leaves trading for a top 15 WR as the more secure option but in that scenario what was the point of trading Hill away to start with? It begs the question, did Hill actively want out of KC and if so, why?

Bookies odds reflect the value of bets placed, nothing more. If bookies were such insightful analysts of NFL franchises, they'd be working in NFL franchises. Looking at your franchise as a whole, you need a top 10 WR, a top 10 corner and first round help on the D-line. But you only have two first round picks, and you may yet need a new safety too.

As I said before: painted into a corner.
I understand they’re on the brink of bringing in Gilmore so that will help the CB problem.

As of this morning they had the most cap space of any team in the league and the most draft picks of any team so the logic in trading Hill when his stock is at its peak for a draft haul rather than pay him 30m a season and leave no money for anything else is fairly understandable.

I expect a trade up for a receiver in round 1, and maybe even trade back into the first round again to regain the second first rounder and pick up 2 pass rushers.

I understand they’re on the brink of bringing in Gilmore so that will help the CB problem.

As of this morning they had the most cap space of any team in the league and the most draft picks of any team so the logic in trading Hill when his stock is at its peak for a draft haul rather than pay him 30m a season and leave no money for anything else is fairly understandable.

I expect a trade up for a receiver in round 1, and maybe even trade back into the first round again to regain the second first rounder and pick up 2 pass rushers.
Half the league is currently courting Gilmore. Even if you do pick him up, he's simply replacing Charvarius Ward on your roster. That's not an upgrade, that's standing still.

You have less cap space than the Eagles, Saints, Chargers, Colts, Texans, Lions, Panther, Browns and Bengals, as of March 29th: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-team-by-team-salary-cap-space/

You do have more draft picks than anyone else (13) but four of them are in the final round and a fifth is in the penultimate round. You aren't going to find any starting WRs or CBs there and that's a problem, because you need starting WRs and CBs. If you don't resign Tyrann Mathieu you'll need a starting Safety too.

Have a bash at a mock draft yourself and see how you get on: https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=6420ec3b-2ca3-458a-9167-b25d31ae8f8b ... I did one for the Bengals. I'll post a screenshot up shortly.

Anyone gonna be watching the draft as it unfolds? I have this nagging feeling there's going to be a lot of trading on the first night.
I’m going to try and stay awake but only really interested in seeing the jets and giants picks . the bears don’t have anything tonight

Anyone gonna be watching the draft as it unfolds? I have this nagging feeling there's going to be a lot of trading on the first night.

I will.

As a Jet, we have two top 10 picks.

Big talk in press today that Jaguars go for Walker and Lions take a punt on Thibodeux. Hopefully means Jets land Hutchinson and then WR#1

Might try and stay up for a bit, but doubt I’ll still be conscious by the time they get down to the Bills, who I think will somehow trade up to bring in a quality RB and some form of defensive player in the 1st round.

Might try and stay up for a bit, but doubt I’ll still be conscious by the time they get down to the Bills, who I think will somehow trade up to bring in a quality RB and some form of defensive player in the 1st round.

Don’t think you need to. The best RB is projected about 30 anyway. Can’t remember his name.

Breece Hall, we’ve been linked with him a lot. I think we’ll be get him at 25 anyway. But I think we trade up for a defensive player. What we trade is anyones guess, maybe Matt Breida and a 2nd and 3rd pick.

My big one for me, is hoping for the slide on Linderbaum. If we can grab him at our first it’ll be a great draft.

1.4. Hutchinson, Sauce, Icky
1.10 - Any WR (still intrigued by Williams), then Johnson
2.35 Linderbaum
2.38 too many to list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back