NFL 2024 Season

NFL top 100 as voted for by players

I make no comment on this except to say that the last time Mahomes got hosed in this manner he went on to win the Super Bowl

Mahomes wasn't the best player in the NFL last year.

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl. Bold bit is important there.

Unfortunately we've made the NFL into a sport where one person gets a majority of the credit even though that person doesn't spend a majority of the time on the field. It is what it is, but until we wake up and stop talking about Brady like we do this is the world we live in.

Unfortunately we've made the NFL into a sport where one person gets a majority of the credit even though that person doesn't spend a majority of the time on the field. It is what it is, but until we wake up and stop talking about Brady like we do this is the world we live in.

I can accept that Mahomes may not be the best player in the game, but if he isn't #1 I'm confident that Tyreek Hill also isn't #1

The Chiefs couldn’t win the Super Bowl without Mahomes, same as the Ravens couldn’t win it with Lamar.

I really don’t think people have properly contextualized how average Mahomes was for stretches of last season.

He had no receivers and basically carried the team at times. Irrespective of any poor games, or poor stretches of play, I would say it is quite obvious Mahomes is the best player in the league by a significant margin

so you are saying with Lamar the Chiefs win the Super Bowl?

Because they do not.
I think there are probably 10 or so QBs that could’ve been close enough if their defense allowed them to stay in games despite not scoring for the stretches the Chiefs did in the AFC championship and Super Bowl

He had no receivers and basically carried the team at times. Irrespective of any poor games, or poor stretches of play, I would say it is quite obvious Mahomes is the best player in the league by a significant margin
It’s just weird to me that we give him credit for last year when he didn’t play all that well. On the whole yeah, he’s the best.

He’s not the only one who gets this treatment fwiw.

Maybe by his own standards. He was still class, led them to 11 victories and won the Superbowl. The question was best player in the league. No timeframe was specified as far as I know. So how could you put anyone else's name down?
It was for 2023 specifically. They do it every year for the year they’re doing it.

It was for 2023 specifically.

So specifically the 2023 season or year? Because he won the Superbowl earlier that year and would go on to win it the season starting 2023 too. There is simply no other answer to the question of "Best player in the NFL". Anyone who thinks so is deluding themselves imo. He plays the most important position at the highest level, and possibly better than anyone we've ever seen do it

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back