Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate I dont follow Everton like you guys but it's clearer than ever that Everton need investment. Moyes has pulled many a rabbit from a hat over the year but it looks like he's down to hamsters. Historically though he does have a bad year every now and again so perhaps this is one of those seasons?

With an injection of cash you could be pushing for top 6-8 again

That's far too sensible for on here like...

Jelavic is not an out and out goalscorer and you have to take into consideration that he spent a lot of his time at Rapid Wien on the left side of a front three. Jelavic - Salihi - Boskovic

He is a good player who will score goals but that's not what his game is all about. He will drop deep and move out wide to pick up the ball. He is not the quickest of players but he's not slow. Two good feet, can hold the ball up, beat a man, very good touch, movement and he is intelligent. He is decent in the air and get's into goalscoring position. He does miss good chances, needs someone up alongside him and is at his best when the ball is played into his feet. I rate Jelavic, I think some go a bit OTT when talking about him but he is a good player.

Surrounded by better players in a better league and I think he would flourish.

Jelavic is not an out and out goalscorer and you have to take into consideration that he spent a lot of his time at Rapid Wien on the left side of a front three. Jelavic - Salihi - Boskovic

He is a good player who will score goals but that's not what his game is all about. He will drop deep and move out wide to pick up the ball. He is not the quickest of players but he's not slow. Two good feet, can hold the ball up, beat a man, very good touch, movement and he is intelligent. He is decent in the air and get's into goalscoring position. He does miss good chances, needs someone up alongside him and is at his best when the ball is played into his feet. I rate Jelavic, I think some go a bit OTT when talking about him but he is a good player.

Surrounded by better players in a better league and I think he would flourish.

Encouraging. Thanks.

I still back Moyes although he baffles and enrages me sometimes. It worries me when he makes defeatist statements though and in interviews he looks worn down.
I want the fire in the belly Moyes back. I don't want to hear about squad cost before we park the bus against City, I want to hear that if we go down to defeat then it will be fighting all the way.

I still back Moyes although he baffles and enrages me sometimes. It worries me when he makes defeatist statements though and in interviews he looks worn down.
I want the fire in the belly Moyes back. I don't want to hear about squad cost before we park the bus against City, I want to hear that if we go down to defeat then it will be fighting all the way.

Wrong thread Frank

Jelavic coming to Goodison would be a serious change. He's probably Rangers' best player or thereabouts, whereas her he'd be one of the poorest in the starting line up compared to Baines, Donovan, Jagielka, Distin, Howard, Fellaini, Rodwell etc.

If Jelavic thrives off being the star attraction or the main man then I wouldn't fancy his chances at a Premier League team.

He may well do but playing in a superior team with superior players may take him on to another level again.

In truth, he's no Rooney/Van Persie/Aguero but I dont think he's too disimilar to Crouch/Jones/Rodallega and I think either of those three would also improve your front line.

Status
Not open for further replies.