• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

I have no clue about the owner mate, don't know anything about him/her, probably time to do some googling when I can be arsed.

Early days but the Hednesford fans I was sat next to last night reckoned the Nantwich squad looked quite threadbare.

I see you’ve signed Eddie Servuts. He was at Widnes in the early part of last season but I never felt he got given a fair chance, seemed to do well at Trafford when he left though. Looks a live wire. Lonsdale at left back too is a wicked set piece taker.

I see you’ve signed Eddie Servuts. He was at Widnes in the early part of last season but I never felt he got given a fair chance, seemed to do well at Trafford when he left though. Looks a live wire. Lonsdale at left back too is a wicked set piece taker.
The set pieces were v.good, not sure who was on them, the left back was James Melhado last night. Although Servuts tried, he didn't really get into the game.

TBF the manager gave a good interview, he mentioned they lack of a bit of guile, and they had a massive hole in centre mid imo, they had last seasons right full back playing in there, and a new signing who never really got on the ball second half. The first XI should be ok, not sure about the back up though, but we'll see.

The one thing which really impressed me last night though, was 'Bang Bang' by B.A.Robertson being played in the bar afterwards. Probably not heard it since 1979.

Scunthorpe United 3-0 Marine

In truth, a game you expected nothing from. Scunthorpe budget over £1m, Marine dwarfed and part time by comparison.

That said, the goal before HT was the killer.

Huge game against Farsley on Tuesday.

Was a sense of regret when they announced Holgate coming on and my swift departure that I'd infact picked the wrong game to attend this weekend.

Scunthorpe United 3-0 Marine

In truth, a game you expected nothing from. Scunthorpe budget over £1m, Marine dwarfed and part time by comparison.

That said, the goal before HT was the killer.

Huge game against Farsley on Tuesday.

Was a sense of regret when they announced Holgate coming on and my swift departure that I'd infact picked the wrong game to attend this weekend.

It is bonkers that Scunthorpe and Marine are in the same league. Doesn’t feel like too long ago that they were in the Championship.

It is bonkers that Scunthorpe and Marine are in the same league. Doesn’t feel like too long ago that they were in the Championship.

Absolutely crazy.

6 Years ago, Marine got relegated to NPLW, So the pendulum really did swing, as Scunthorpe were in League One, at the time.

Over 4,000 there today. 113 Marine fans, which is unbelievable given that Marine were averaging around 400 pre-Spurs for home games, triple figures for away games is crazy.

As value for money goes, another entertaining game for Maghull I've noted yesterday.

190 there was the highest in the division too to see them beat Daisy Hill 3-2.

Goals in Maghull games so far this season...

5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 8, 5, which is an average of 5.14 goals and game, £4 admission means less than a quid a goal :lol:..

Non League Round Up to come.

Local Results yesterday were as follows

National League North

Chester 0-1 Brackley

Home opener loss to prospective title challengers Brackley. Brackley lost 3-0 at home to Scunthorpe last week, which may put into context how strong Scunthorpe are this season (see below).

Huge disappointing start for Chester after their humbling away to Spennymoor on opening day.

Next Up: Radcliffe at Home on Tuesday

Needham Market 1-2 Southport

Come from behind win, sees Southport take 6 from 6, in the longest trip of the season, just 4 miles from Ipswich.

Next Up: Cruelly another long one. Spennymoor away on tuesday.

Scunthorpe 3-0 Marine
Over 4,000 in attendance to see resilient Marine run out of steam in the end. Lots of positives despite the result.

Next Up: potentially a huge fixture in relegation scrap; Farsley Celtic on Tuesday at home. £15 Adults for entry.

Northern Premier League

Stockton 3-2 Prescot Cables

Cables came from 2-0 down to level, before conceding soon after, theres beej much of a talk of the mess off-field in pre season, but they're showing they can put up a fight, given they've lost by 1 to both Macc and Stockton two of the favoured promotion teams away from home this week.

That's promising at least.

Next Up: Workington at Home on Tuesday. £12 Adults.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Bootle 1-3 City of Liverpool

The sides will meet again in 6 days time, in Widnes, as drawn against each other in the FA Trophy.

South Liverpool 1-1 Witton

Last minute goal in this, infront of a very impressive 237, sees a replay on Tuesday.

Stalybridge 0-1 Widnes
Another impressive performance by Widnes, it has to be said.

Runcorn Linnets 2-2 Wythenshawe Town

A replay will happen on Tuesday night.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back