• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Non League Football

Very tough round up today.

Marine 0-3 Farsley
Att: 1,104.

3 calamitous defensive errors confined marine to yet another loss. A truly hapless display. I feel for the manager, I feel he may have one hand tied behind his back as the budget just isn't there.

He'll have seen Farsley - a fellow relegation candidate - as a big opportunity to get the first win, and it was all very... Everton under Lampard. A bit garbage.

Kings Lynn on Saturday before Buxton on Monday. A big improvement needed.

Chester 2-0 Radcliffe
Spennymoor 2-0 Southport

Prescot 0-2 Workington

Bootle 2-0 Atherton
Bootle go top

Wythenshawe 1-4 City of

FA Cup
Witton 3-1 South Liverpool
Wythenshawe Town 3-1 Runcorn

Nantwich have done some business this week. They've signed Peter Moore from Skem Utd, brothers Cheyenne and Gio Loureiro as well as Kofi Moore on a months loan from Oldham.

As I live in London now I try my best to get to Goodison as much as possible but when I don't I'll pop around local clubs here. Went to St Albans on the weekend. Decent 2-2 draw.

Will likely get to some Bromley, Leyton Orient and Dulwich games this year.
Welling united worth a watch. Classic non league ground! (I am biased however).

1000141661.jpg

Was a beautiful day for a game of football yesterday, immune from watching Everton

Might make a habit if it, far less stressful.

Marine 0-1 King's Lynn Town.
Att: 1,185.

By far the best Marine have played since their Promotion and you'd argue that a loss was far from a fair result.

Referee stole the show for all the wrong reasons. Just had a shocker, missed an outrageous 2 footer from Marine, booked a King's Lynn player for a cynical foul, only to award King's Lynn the free kick. Felt he was guessing half the time :lol:

They may well sit bottom, but some shoots of positivity for Marine now. Next game tomorrow against Buxton. Which will be a cracking away day.

Other teams:

Safe to say it was a nightmare of a day for local sides in large.

National League North

Southport 1-4 Hereford
After starting with 2 wins, Southport have now had back to back losses.
Next Game: Chorley A on Monday (who drew 1-1 away to Scunthorpe yesterday).

Alfreton Town 2-2 Chester
A solid point for the Seals on the road, big game tomorrow against Scarborough, to get season back on track.

Northern Premier League
Prescot Cables 2-2 Mickleover
Att: 793

Cables throw away 2 goal lead in last 10 minutes, with equaliser coming in 93rd minute to remain off the foot of the table on goal difference only.

Next Up: Warrington Rylands away, tomorrow, who got their first win of the season yesterday.

Isuza FA Trophy

City of Liverpool 3-3 Bootle
City of Liverpool win 5-4 on pens
Att: 309

You'll be scratching your head if you're Bootle to how you've lost this. 91 minutes in and they were 3-1 up. Conceded to late goals to be eliminated by the Purps 2 weeks running.

Northern Premier League - West

Trafford 1-0 Widnes
Runcorn Linnets 2-6 Hednesford

FA Vase

Thought I'd include for the novelty factor

Maghull 1-3 Bury.

Played at Gigg Lane, a huge money spinner for Maghull, who share 50% of the gate of 1,505 (161 away) after the tie got switched for Policing Reasons. Ex-Football League player Adam Hammill scored the goal for Maghull as they exit the vase.

View attachment 270424

Was a beautiful day for a game of football yesterday, immune from watching Everton

By far the best Marine have played since their Promotion and you'd argue that a loss was far from a fair result.

Referee stole the show for all the wrong reasons. Just had a shocker, missed an outrageous 2 footer from Marine, booked a King's Lynn player for a cynical foul, only to award King's Lynn the free kick. Felt he was guessing half the time :lol:

They may well sit bottom, but some shoots of positivity for Marine now. Next game tomorrow against Buxton. Which will be a cracking away day.

Other teams:

National League North

Southport 1-4 Hereford

A solid point for the Seals on the road, big game tomorrow against Scarborough, to get season back on track.

Northern Premier League

Cables throw away 2 goal lead in last 10 minutes, with equaliser coming in 93rd minute to remain off the foot of the table on goal difference only.

Next Up: Warrington Rylands away, tomorrow, who got their first win of the season yesterday.

Isuza FA Trophy

You'll be scratching your head if you're Bootle to how you've lost this. 91 minutes in and they were 3-1 up. Conceded to late goals to be eliminated by the Purps 2 weeks running.

Trafford 1-0 Widnes

FA Vase

Maghull 1-3 Bury.

Played at Gigg Lane, a huge money spinner for Maghull, who share 50% of the gate of 1,505 (161 away) after the tie got switched for Policing Reasons. Ex-Football League player Adam Hammill scored the goal for Maghull as they exit the vase.
It's a huge step up to the national league north or south these days. Lots of the teams are training multiple times a week, sort of in between part and full time. Plenty of time for Marine to improve.

View attachment 270424

Other teams:

National League North

Southport 1-4 Hereford

Northern Premier League

Isuza FA Trophy

Trafford 1-0 Widnes

FA Vase

Maghull 1-3 Bury.

Buxton is a swine to get to, depending on which way you go.

It`s better to get this fixture out of the way now, as going over those passes to get there in the Winter, can be pretty hairy.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back