Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lads. We got around £100m from last Summer's TV money and around £130m from this Summer.
Plenty of money there alone. Moshiri doesn't need to invest in the squad himself.

Already had that dozens of times. :p

You never know he may turn out to be Nostradamus and be completely right (in the long term) but for now the evidence points squarely that he is wrong. Not by net spend so much but by the administration side, the clearing of the debt and plans for the stadium, the improvement in the team between the end of the season before last to now. Nothing's changed my arse.
If theres one thing Im certain of in this life its that Davek in the long term is most assuredly wrong, on just about everything. People that are right rarely spend all of their time on a forum parroting the same thing over and over again the same thing to the same people every 5 seconds.

Also, people that are right also tend to cling to already disproven falsities, such as Martinez was a great manager. Right people dont claim we shall never make it to the moon(already happened), like they dont claim Martinez isnt a bad manager(already happened).

Also, most importantly Davek doesn't even believe that in real life, just his internet persona, so he just does that because people respond :-)

If theres one thing Im certain of in this life its that Davek in the long term is most assuredly wrong, on just about everything. People that are right rarely spend all of their time on a forum parroting the same thing over and over again the same thing to the same people every 5 seconds.

Also, people that are right also tend to cling to already disproven falsities, such as Martinez was a great manager. Right people dont claim we shall never make it to the moon(already happened), like they dont claim Martinez isnt a bad manager(already happened).

Also, most importantly Davek doesn't even believe that in real life, just his internet persona, so he just does that because people respond :)

He's absurd. He just despises everything in related to Moshiri and Koeman while worshipping a fraud as a football god. The best line was that he said "the worst bit of RM's 2nd and 3rd seasons at this club were way superior to Koeman's first season" (aka 7th last season) as well as the accausation of someone at the club forced Martinez to buy Niasse for £13.5m.

Better quality? You're not suggesting that Dutch Milky Bar kid is better than Barkley, surely?

So the new player we have just signed to play for Everton already has a degrading nickname from you. Can I ask why you feel the need to put him down before he even kicks a ball for us?

Have a word with yourself. Perhaps even try getting behind the player instead of ripping in to his appearance?

Trying to keep your best players means investing in the squad and getting higher in the PL. That is something Moshiri failed to do last summer.

1st team players out last summer: Stones
1st team players in last summer: Williams, Gana, Bolassie. Arguably Stek and Lookman

League placing improvement on previous season: 11th - 7th = 4

This club are low balling him and taking the piss.

You have no idea what the offer is. NONE.

The state of this

1st team players out last summer: Stones
1st team players in last summer: Williams, Gana, Bolassie. Arguably Stek and Lookman

League placing improvement on previous season: 11th - 7th = 4

The state of this
Ridiculous.

Out of that lot only Gueye is worthwhile talking about.

Please dont treat a 7th place finish as an objective met. It's bang average.

Barkley's wages: you do have no idea what he's been offered.

Ridiculous.

Neither do you so wind your neck in. You, like everyone else, have zero clue about the offer made to Barkley so stop lambasting the club about it until you have an idea about what has been offered.

You are using guesswork to have a go at the club! You are just as bad as all the melts who rip in to the club when we don't sign players the media link us to with made up reports.

Ridiculous.

We invested in the squad. Albeit not as much as we had hoped, but we did. If anything this proves your net spend argument is daft - you bemoan lack of net spend, while at the same time saying bolassie was a waste of money. It's not the money you spend, it's how you spend it.

We moved up the table, which you quite inexplicably claimed we didn't.

I was highlighting your hypocrisy in telling a poster they had no idea how much we've offered Barkley, when a few posts earlier you were claiming we were 'low balling' him. You yourself have no idea

We invested in the squad. Albeit not as much as we had hoped, but we did. If anything this proves your net spend argument is daft - you bemoan lack of net spend, while at the same time saying bolassie was a waste of money. It's not the money you spend, it's how you spend it.
We moved up the table, which you quite inexplicably claimed we didn't.
I was highlighting your hypocrisy in telling a poster they had no idea how much we've offered Barkley, when a few posts earlier you were claiming we were 'low balling' him. You yourself have no idea
Nope. I stated - in relation to other posters handing out specific high figures on the offer to Barkley - that I was 'convinced' he was being low balled.

That suggests no 'claim' at inside knowledge.

Nope. I stated - in relation to other posters handing out specific high figures on the offer to Barkley - that I was 'convinced' he was being low balled.

That suggests no 'claim' at inside knowledge.

Exactly. You have no idea. Dodged my other points nicely there too

Exactly. You have no idea. Dodged my other points nicely there too
Yes, exactly. My point was to underline that NO ONE HAS A CLUE WHAT'S BEING OFFERD TO BARKLEY.

Job done.

As for your other 'points dodged':

The 'investment' last summer was the lowest for three seasons...when we had a billionaire in charge!

I didn't deny we moved up the table, I stated it was a movement to mediocrity and not a great leap forward...which is only what massive spending will achieve.

From what I understand Barkley is currently on £65k, someone mentioned that they thought he'd been offered £50k on his new deal, a £15k wage cut? it will be interesting to see where we sit against our rivals at the end of this window, I guess until that point all of this is hot air.

Say what you like about Davek but he is consistent.
He bangs on about Martinez and his first season but it was actually an improvement of one place over that secured by Moyes the previous year. I will certainly accept it is much harder to go from 6th to 5th than it is to go 11th to 7th but that 4 place improvement is not mediocre.
I see buying Pickford as a massive step forward for the first team squad.
Losing Lukaku was inevitable, Koeman is not complicit in this.
I would offer Barkley a very good contract to stay but if Koeman decides he isn't worth more then so be it.
We can speculate all we like at this point but it is poor speculation, Koeman has made improvements, he is on an upward trajectory, I am looking forward to more players coming in and breaking into the top six next year with a cup win.
In my book things look exciting again at Goodison, under Martinez things looked decidedly dodgy.
But we need people like Davek on here to remind us of where we were going under Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back