Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone now convinced that the club has totally changed? It is clear we now have a plan of buying top young talent for not inconsiderable amounts of money. We have been able to compete against top clubs and if we keep this up at this rate within a few years we will have an array of decent footballers at a prime age.

I'm pretty sure this means we have plenty O'cash and I think for once we may have managers wanting to come to us in future, instead of us going to them. :dance:

Say what you like about Davek but he is consistent.
He bangs on about Martinez and his first season but it was actually an improvement of one place over that secured by Moyes the previous year. I will certainly accept it is much harder to go from 6th to 5th than it is to go 11th to 7th but that 4 place improvement is not mediocre.
I see buying Pickford as a massive step forward for the first team squad.
Losing Lukaku was inevitable, Koeman is not complicit in this.
I would offer Barkley a very good contract to stay but if Koeman decides he isn't worth more then so be it.
We can speculate all we like at this point but it is poor speculation, Koeman has made improvements, he is on an upward trajectory, I am looking forward to more players coming in and breaking into the top six next year with a cup win.
In my book things look exciting again at Goodison, under Martinez things looked decidedly dodgy.
But we need people like Davek on here to remind us of where we were going under Martinez.

Do you know something that we don't?

I've put the fella on ignore and every thread is still dominated by him. I don't post that often but have a catch up most days. Especially during the transfer windows. This fella has ruined it though. He has become a parody of himself. Back to newsnow for me
@davek

In my view the simple comment 'nothing has changed' is probably true. Am I optimistic, yes. Are we buying early, yes. Are we buying better quality, yes (I think!)...

...BUT we should only measure outputs not inputs. We have to consistently break the big 6 and make it a big 7. This is only measurable over a number of years.

RK has bought some favour with me though

Last edited:

In my view the simple comment 'nothing has changed' is probably true. Am I optimistic, yes. Are we buying early, yes. Are we buying better quality, yes (I think!)...

...BUT we should only measure outputs not inputs. We have to consistently break the big 6 and make it a big 7. This is only measurable over a number of years.

RK has bought some favourite with me though

Nothing has changed

We are still not in the top four, we are still conceding to many, we aren't scoring enough upfront (bar lukaku) we are still not able to keep our best players

Are we making changes? Some yes but we are still way off. We finished 7th last year along way from fourth and still got outclassed at times from the top six sides. Plus remember we had the premier leagues second top scorer last year. Without him (likely) we need to now find 25 goals just to keep us in 7th never mind move forward

Nothing has changed

We are still not in the top four, we are still conceding to many, we aren't scoring enough upfront (bar lukaku) we are still not able to keep our best players

Are we making changes? Some yes but we are still way off. We finished 7th last year along way from fourth and still got outclassed at times from the top six sides. Plus remember we had the premier leagues second top scorer last year. Without him (likely) we need to now find 25 goals just to keep us in 7th never mind move forward

Your sheets must drip through the downstairs ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back