Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know me David, I call a spade a spade.

I said after last Summer we didnt invest in the right areas and the squad was exposed, same for January.

If im not happy with the squad I will be totally honest, I only ask for the same in return.
So far I'm uninspired by what's come in or purported to be arriving apart from Keane, who I think is a genuine big step up from the CBs we have.

You seem to be arguing two things though:

1/ "net spend means little"
2/ "dont worry, the net spend will be massive because what comes in from this point in terms of sales will also be spent"

So far I'm uninspired by what's come in or purported to be arriving apart from Keane, who I think is a genuine big step up from the CBs we have.

2/ "dont worry, the net spend will be massive because what comes in from this point in terms of sales will also be spent"

Im not really arguing anything David, im merely stating that I believe the squad will be suitable to compete on the 4 fronts we face.

And this is the issue; the club just can't win in your eyes. If Lukaku and Barkley signed new deals this week you'd just switch tack and say Koeman is wasting the club's money because you know better than all of the people we actually pay to look for players.

Waah waah we are spending too much on the wrong players.

Waah waah we aren't spending enough on players.

Waah waah we always have to wait until the SKY money lands before we can buy anyone.

Waah waah we are only buying players early because we are going to sell some others.

You show no consistency in your approach and yet have the audacity to dig at other posters claiming they aren't intelligent enough to keep up with you. I don't know why you are so desperate for Everton to be eternally rubbish but you seem to resent any effort the club makes to better itself. It is absolutely baffling.

Im not really arguing anything David, im merely stating that I believe the squad will be suitable to compete on the 4 fronts we face.
We'll be less capable if we dont get a seriously good front man in to replace the void left Lukaku and his goals.

It's all well and good having a strengthened squad in terms of numbers of first team players, but you need a cutting edge and a consistent one at that. Some would have you believe we'll easy get past Lukaku's departure. They're living in a dream world. And we wont get better than him in because if they were that good they'd be at a CL playing club.

And this is the issue; the club just can't win in your eyes. If Lukaku and Barkley signed new deals this week you'd just switch tack and say Koeman is wasting the club's money because you know better than all of the people we actually pay to look for players.

Waah waah we always have to wait until the SKY money lands before we can buy anyone.

Waah waah we are only buying players early because we are going to sell some others.

You show no consistency in your approach and yet have the audacity to dig at other posters claiming they aren't intelligent enough to keep up with you. I don't know why you are so desperate for Everton to be eternally rubbish but you seem to resent any effort the club makes to better itself. It is absolutely baffling.

Koeman's track record here is hit and miss on transfers. I can almost guarantee right now that if he spends £100M on players £50M will be a complete waste of money.

He's already paid £15M OTT on that GK and Klaassen is a £25M hopeful punt imo who any sensible club would have offered £15M for.

Then again, what does he care, he'll be gone in a couple of seasons.

Koeman's track record here is hit and miss on transfers. I can almost guarantee right now that if he spends £100M on players £50M will be a complete waste of money.

He's already paid £15M OTT on that GK and Klaassen is a £25M hopeful punt imo who any sensible club would have offered £15M for.

We are paying the fees that clubs demand to get the players we want. It's the kind of ambitious thing you said only a few pages back we need to do to try and keep our best players. You've literally proved my point about the club not being able to win in whatever they do.

I think he is being sarcastic a fair bit of the time.

We are paying the fees that clubs demand to get the players we want. It's the kind of ambitious thing you said only a few pages back we need to do to try and keep our best players. You've literally proved my point about the club not being able to win in whatever they do.

You show ambition by buying a lot of very good players for sensible prices, not a few decent players for inflated prices, and keeping your own best players.

Simple really. I dont know why we dont try it...hold on, I do....

You show ambition by buying a lot of very good players for sensible prices, not a few decent players for inflated prices, and keeping your own best players.

Simple really. I dont know why we dont try it...hold on, I do....
You don't get very good players for sensible prices these days. But you know this.

You don't get very good players for sensible prices these days. But you know this.
You dont if you pay out £27M for Bolasie with your first foray into the transfer market. Agents and other clubs have us marked down as mugs now and will continue to stick another £10-15M on their prices.

Still, we get the player.....good or bad.

Dave, over five seasons, Pickford will have cost £6M a season....it's not a huge amount if he meets the potential that all the right people are saying he will do. Likewise, Klassen over five seasons is £5M a season. Why not just roll with it and see what occurs?

Virtually all managers are gone "in a couple of seasons" in the EPL...what do you suggest Dave? Keeping a manager against his will?

You dont if you pay out £27M for Bolasie with your first foray into the transfer market. Agents and other clubs have us marked down as mugs now and will continue to stick another £10-15M on their prices.

Still, we get the player.....good or bad.
Only in your mind, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back