Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You show ambition by buying a lot of very good players for sensible prices, not a few decent players for inflated prices, and keeping your own best players.

Simple really. I dont know why we dont try it...hold on, I do....

It's not Footy Manager Dave...it's real life. You buy a player for what the selling club will accept.
You're not a stupid man. but sometimes you're not very smart either....other than the winding up.

Koeman's track record here is hit and miss on transfers. I can almost guarantee right now that if he spends £100M on players £50M will be a complete waste of money.

He's already paid £15M OTT on that GK and Klaassen is a £25M hopeful punt imo who any sensible club would have offered £15M for.

Then again, what does he care, he'll be gone in a couple of seasons.

So just for clarity, the thread is titled "Nothing has changed".

The highlighted above I think seems to suggest something has changed.

Didn't Man City sign some bang average players in their initial "rich" seasons?

We'll be less capable if we dont get a seriously good front man in to replace the void left Lukaku and his goals.

It's all well and good having a strengthened squad in terms of numbers of first team players, but you need a cutting edge and a consistent one at that. Some would have you believe we'll easy get past Lukaku's departure. They're living in a dream world. And we wont get better than him in because if they were that good they'd be at a CL playing club.

This to be honest, our only hope is two prolific strikers and another attacking midfilder capable of double figures.

The jury is massively out if Lukaku leaves.

This to be honest, our only hope is two prolific strikers and another attacking midfilder capable of double figures.

The jury is massively out if Lukaku leaves.

We have already added Klaassen and hopefully Sandro to follow, Lukaku is a top class goalscorer and we will struggle to replace him with a player that scores more goals, but we can certainly as a team make up the shortfall, instead of 1 player on 25, the idea is to have 4 players on 10+.

Instead of 1 goal threat, we add 4.

We have already added Klaassen and hopefully Sandro to follow, Lukaku is a top class goalscorer and we will struggle to replace him with a player that scores more goals, but we can certainly as a team make up the shortfall, instead of 1 player on 25, the idea is to have 4 players on 10+.

Mmm...as of right now, I'm thinking your thinking is a bit wishful thinking. EV-ER-TON, though...

I don't think it's impossible, but I do think the euphoria is very optimistic if Rom is sold, it's a massive loss far more then anything we have recruited so far.

Klassen and Sandro have done well in other leagues not this league and both are very young, it's concerning that given that Inexpierence and risk we rely on them for 25 goals. Of course everyone hopes they are both gems, but it's a massive risk.

I have no problem with Pickford or Keane.

I will also say this, it's concerning that this spree could be of the back of cashing in on Rom, from a business perspective. It's looseing gaurenteed quality, for hopes and just diluting the squad. Filling other holes by creating others.

I haven't seen progress yet, when City or Chelsea gained spending power they didn't sell their best players they built around them and added quality.

So far what we have seen in the big windows, is the selling of key players on an upward trajectory in Stones and possibly Barkley and Rom and just diluting of the squad.

I'm sorry but big statements have been made by the club about ambition, the narrative has all been about cracking the top 4 and big recruitment. If you create expectation you will be judged on it. Nuts and bolts we have sold/selling undoubted quality and added what are hopefully very good players but unproven and expierence players in this league offensively, they carry a risk of not living up to the demands of this league.

I remain to be convinced of the new era spending power, or the overall quality of the squad improving based on what we are selling and buying, long way to go In the window I accept. But as the crow flies.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back