Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you understand Dave that we can't sign world class players yet because we don't have that standing in the current game?

And Net spend is a total fruitless arguement now due to the enormous amounts of money about!
We can sign players with more proven pedigree than Klaassen and Pickford for about the same money or less. Keane is a good example. I have no doubt whatsoever that Keane will be worth whatever is paid for him should he decide to come here. You can bank on value for money there as long as he remains injury free. Pickford with 22 games under his belt for a rubbish club and playing at a rubbish standard with zero expectations, and Klaassen from an ale house league dont fill me with any confidence cash has been spent wisely.

Net spend is the rocket fuel we need as a club to get us from also rans to being in the shake up for honours/CL spots. Dont want to spend a hundred million net over two summers? Then just settle back for scraping for 7th place.

We can sign players with more proven pedigree than Klaassen and Pickford for about the same money or less. Keane is a good example. I have no doubt whatsoever that Keane will be worth whatever is paid for him should he decide to come here. You can bank on value for money there as long as he remains injury free. Pickford with 22 games under his belt for a rubbish club and playing at a rubbish standard with zero expectations, and Klaassen from an ale house league dont fill me with any confidence cash has been spent wisely.

Net spend is the rocket fuel we need as a club to get us from also rans to being in the shake up for honours/CL spots. Dont want to spend a hundred million net over two summers? Then just settle back for scraping for 7th place.

Did you complain when we signed Robles
He has the same pedigree as Pickford

You've raised some fair points but your whole argument is based on Lukaku going and then assuming that this will then end all transfer proceedings for the rest of the summer. Lukaku hasn't and possibly won't go if no one offers what we want, and no one knows who else we plan to bring in.

I agree completely that we need to make sure we have an adequate source of goals if he does leave but I am sure Koeman is well aware of that and won't think that Sandro will be the sole replacement for Lukaku's 25 goals per season.

Also, for me, as much as Lukaku going would be a loss in terms of quality, if we can get 2 10-12 goals a season attacking players in to replace him and then sign about 6 or 7 in other positions, i'd argue we'd be far better off as a team/squad than what we had last season. Klaasen may end up being one of those 10-12 goal a season attacking players too.

Thats not my point at all mate, i say numerous times in my above posts that i accept the window is still open and we are one third of the way through. Its as a crow flies commentary and concerns at this stage both on and of the pitch. My general analysis thus far is everyone seems so euphoric, yet all we have done is make holes to fill holes, Lukaku is a top of the range striker of world class talent, thats a massive gaping hole of quality missing that for me hasn't been satisfied thus far by replacements and it seems to me we haven't exercised any spending power beyond sales and a bit on top under the new regime thus far. Im not saying other players wont come in, i hope they do or we could be in big trouble, what i would say is that the euphoria or new Everton vibe ive seen on the forum isnt all it seems to be. The signings are great, but if they are funded by the sale of Lukaku its a kick in the nads and dilution as opposed to progress.

I tend to agree with you, Rom and Ross are well out the door they are our two top scorers and creaters. For me we need two prolific strikers capable of 15 a season and another attacking midfielder capable of double figures in goals and likely assists.

Its not in my nature to be pessimistic, especially when it comes to Everton but as the crow flies i have concerns in terms of progress holistically. If Rom and Barkley leave the squad is weaker in my opinion and if replacements are funded by their sales only its unlikely to improve.

Last edited:

Like who and already transferred to other clubs?

Thanks for giving us the benefit of your opinion Dave.

But as someone who trashes a player that has just driven his 'ale house' club to a european final and a goalkeeping prospect that former respected goalkeepers are queuing up to praise, and then offers some japanese no-mark as the solution to our ambition, I will certainly be dismissing it as arrant claptrap... :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back