Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the buck stops with him mate.

Whatever their reasons for leaving, if we wanted to keep them (and we did) it was his and the board's responsibility to make that happen and find a way to change their mind.

The worry is they haven't changed one of their minds not one.

Our 3 most promising players gone in the space of 17 months since Moshiri came on board. Not good enough no matter how you cut it.
I'll cut it as if Gylfi comes and we bring in one or two more we're still stronger than when they were here. Stones isn't all that and Barks hasn't lived up to billing. At this point, Davies and Lookman might be more "promising." We will miss Rom, but I suspect we might actually look like a team with him gone.

Whatever their reasons for leaving, if we wanted to keep them (and we did) it was his and the board's responsibility to make that happen and find a way to change their mind.
You want us to over pay on a huge contract for a player who isn't worth it just because he is a local lad? and Lukaku had been promised he could leave last summer if we didn't get top 4. He said himself 'Everton isnt an option' which suggests he would have striked if we didn't sell.

1 of which has become any sort of success and got bought for £90 million from a team in the champions league with one of the best managers in the game running them. We have Davies, Lookman, Dowell, Kenny,that nigarian kid on loan in Belgium who bagged 32 in 29 last year, that centre half we nicked from Newcastle who by all accounts would be classed as a wonder kid should real life actually be champ man. I'd take now over pre 17 months ago.

Sorry I forgot Sandro who had a 1 in 2 record last season in one of the top 3 leagues in Europe

Regardless of how good you think they are the fact remains that the club wanted to retain them and failed to do that.

Talking about the new prospects is a bit of counting chickens, who knows how they will turn out. We had a better idea of how good those 3 players we wanted to keep were going to be and we couldn't keep them here.

There's a bit of a worry that we're stuck in our spot as the factory line for the top clubs. Players, like Lukaku mentioned in his first interview after signing permanently, will come here looking at us like a shop window for the next move.

You must live in an alternate reality to the rest of us for the last 10 or 15 years if you think most boards can convince their top players to stay if they get itchy feet, want more money or want a new experience. Moshiri is in the place a wet day and Lukaku was talking about leaving before he came here. Other than throw your entire wage budget at them in the example of the elite few it sometimes goes beyond that.

Its rare to find top players staying in one place. Even at the top clubs we have seen them move on and fallout with boards. Players get bored and/or want new challenges.

Players ambitions, boredom, greed and their dirty agents will always make them leave any club if they so wish too.

I get your point about ambition and to some extent i agree that we have not shown enough until recently but be realistic if someone wants to leave they want to leave.

Not having that.

Martinez has nowt to do with it apart from reportedly telling Stones he could get off last summer.

Moshiri and the board are the ones who couldn't make an offer persuading enough for them to reconsider leaving.

God you can't blame Martinez any longer, blame Kenwright for keeping him in a job for so long.

The foundations of these decisions are most certainly on Martinez firstly and Kenwright secondly. Moshiri's failures last summer would be the only stick I'd beat him with. A mistake he's learned from based on the business we did in January and so far this summer.

Sadly all a bit too late to save Rom and Ross. I fully expected them to go this window so I guess I'm not as bothered as some are.

You want us to over pay on a huge contract for a player who isn't worth it just because he is a local lad? and Lukaku had been promised he could leave last summer if we didn't get top 4. He said himself 'Everton isnt an option' which suggests he would have striked if we didn't sell.

Who knows who is worth what wages right now? Barkley had a great year last year and still has room to kick on. Look at who we're looking to replace him with and how much that is going to cost us. Is Siggurddsson really that much of a step up? I'm not convinced he is and I'm sure he will be looking for around whatever Barkley ends up signing with someone else.

That's if the issue really is money, which it doesn't sound like it is. Whether it is money, a desire for CL football, or whatever else the point is that these 3 players have lost faith in the "Everton project" and jibbed us off soundly. We aren't doing a sufficient job at retaining players we want to keep, you can't argue with that.

I don't know where this Lukaku promise idea has come from, I never saw anyone saying that besides Lukaku's representation and I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw the fat prick.

Moshiri himself was coming out in March this year telling supporters not to worry about Lukaku.

You must live in an alternate reality to the rest of us for the last 10 or 15 years if you think most boards can convince their top players to stay if they get itchy feet, want more money or want a new experience. Moshiri is in the place a wet day and Lukaku was talking about leaving before he came here. Other than throw your entire wage budget at them in the example of the elite few it sometimes goes beyond that.

Its rare to find top players staying in one place. Even at the top clubs we have seen them move on and fallout with boards. Players get bored and/or want new challenges.

Players ambitions, boredom, greed and their dirty agents will always make them leave any club if they so wish too.

I get your point about ambition and to some extent i agree that we have not shown enough until recently but be realistic if someone wants to leave they want to leave.

I don't think most clubs do, that would be delusional. I had hoped that we would be able to do a better job than seeing all 3 out the door within 18 months of Moshiri walking into it. I don't think that should be an unreasonable expectation, he hasn't been able to convince one of them to commit to his project here and that is very disappointing.

The foundations of these decisions are most certainly on Martinez firstly and Kenwright secondly. Moshiri's failures last summer would be the only stick I'd beat him with. A mistake he's learned from based on the business we did in January and so far this summer.

Sadly all a bit too late to save Rom and Ross. I fully expected them to go this window so I guess I'm not as bothered as some are.

I had held out hope on Ross. The other two were professionals but Ross is an Evertonian ffs. When we can't keep someone who supports the club, who really isn't at a level to play above us consistently, then that is worrisome.

We're on the cusp of a new boss stadium and our best local academy product is getting off without a clear explanation why. All we can conclude is that we haven't done a good enough job convincing players to stay with us and the end of the day that is Moshiri and the board's responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back