Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most clubs do, that would be delusional. I had hoped that we would be able to do a better job than seeing all 3 out the door within 18 months of Moshiri walking into it. I don't think that should be an unreasonable expectation, he hasn't been able to convince one of them to commit to his project here and that is very disappointing.

Honestly i saw your other post about this and it made me laugh. You fell for his optimistic politician piece in the program (18 months ago or whenever it was).

Lukaku wanted to leave long before he came here so that to me is a moot point. We didn't live up to his expectations and he wasn't going to give it anymore time. We offered a big contract and he rejected it simple as that.

Moshiri can only offer more cash to them in wages. What else do you expect him to do? You don't think he said the club would improve and we will meet their goals? Lukaku stayed one more season and decided we were not good enough for him and his mind didn't change.

As for Barkley i partially agree with Davek on this one. He clearly is talented and well took the hump getting dropped and critiqued by Koeman. So he probably decided he wanted a new challenge and his long tenure at goodison was over. We offered him a new contract too and he turned it down so they tried to keep him. Who know whats going through his mind. Either way hes decided he wants a fresh change.

You talk about it like we lost many players under Moshiri when in fact its really only Barkley as like i said i doubt there was any convincing Lukaku to change his mind.

I'll put it to you this way if you are in a job a long time and are getting bored or feel under appreciated or simply want something new you would stay with a promotion or new wage so easily or would you put some thought into it? Say the company you work for don't look to be going places real quick either.

Silva is a lot different to both Barkley and Sig in my opinion. Therefore there is no point in comparing them. Sig is better than Barkley because he is more productive - End Off.

Now you're just bottling out of this argument now because you know what I am going to say.

You do that more fool you.

Who knows who is worth what wages right now? Barkley had a great year last year and still has room to kick on. Look at who we're looking to replace him with and how much that is going to cost us. Is Siggurddsson really that much of a step up? I'm not convinced he is and I'm sure he will be looking for around whatever Barkley ends up signing with someone else.

That's if the issue really is money, which it doesn't sound like it is. Whether it is money, a desire for CL football, or whatever else the point is that these 3 players have lost faith in the "Everton project" and jibbed us off soundly. We aren't doing a sufficient job at retaining players we want to keep, you can't argue with that.

I don't know where this Lukaku promise idea has come from, I never saw anyone saying that besides Lukaku's representation and I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw the fat prick.

Moshiri himself was coming out in March this year telling supporters not to worry about Lukaku.
Barkley had a great year? Do you watch Everton away from home mate?

I had held out hope on Ross. The other two were professionals but Ross is an Evertonian ffs. When we can't keep someone who supports the club, who really isn't at a level to play above us consistently, then that is worrisome.

We're on the cusp of a new boss stadium and our best local academy product is getting off without a clear explanation why. All we can conclude is that we haven't done a good enough job convincing players to stay with us and the end of the day that is Moshiri and the board's responsibility.

The 'why' for me is obvious. The young man is at a crossroads in his career. The World Cup is coming up next summer and he hasn't gotten a sniff for England in over a year. He will only have two opportunities in his life at this point to play for England in a World Cup.

He probably feels like his career has stagnated (which it has), and wants another opportunity to jumpstart it. Can't blame him really. Will it achieve what he wants? No idea, but he's placing a bet on himself that it will.

Back to square one again. Or square -1 if you consider the squad is now worse than when we ended the season. No wonder we went out and bought so many players in a hurry when they had this planned all along!

Unfornately as it stands it is.

Praying we still get some work done, but not holding my breath.

I had held out hope on Ross. The other two were professionals but Ross is an Evertonian ffs. When we can't keep someone who supports the club, who really isn't at a level to play above us consistently, then that is worrisome.

We're on the cusp of a new boss stadium and our best local academy product is getting off without a clear explanation why. All we can conclude is that we haven't done a good enough job convincing players to stay with us and the end of the day that is Moshiri and the board's responsibility.
Spot on mate.

But I suspect that's very much part of their plan to continue the Everton model of selling to buy. In that context how convincing were they really prepared to be beyond putting out stories to their lackeys in the media to make it look like top wages and a plan to push on were presented to players and agents which 'they ignored'?

It's all spin; there's no change in that aspect of the club - they spin against their own players when they know they have to move them on. It's been going on for years, the pattern is familiar. How do so many fall for it when it's trundled out again and again?

Honestly i saw your other post about this and it made me laugh. You fell for his optimistic politician piece in the program (18 months ago or whenever it was).

Lukaku wanted to leave long before he came here so that to me is a moot point. We didn't live up to his expectations and he wasn't going to give it anymore time. We offered a big contract and he rejected it simple as that.

Moshiri can only offer more cash to them in wages. What else do you expect him to do? You don't think he said the club would improve and we will meet their goals? Lukaku stayed one more season and decided we were not good enough for him and his mind didn't change.

As for Barkley i partially agree with Davek on this one. He clearly is talented and well took the hump getting dropped and critiqued by Koeman. So he probably decided he wanted a new challenge and his long tenure at goodison was over. We offered him a new contract too and he turned it down so they tried to keep him. Who know whats going through his mind. Either way hes decided he wants a fresh change.

You talk about it like we lost many players under Moshiri when in fact its really only Barkley as like i said i doubt there was any convincing Lukaku to change his mind.

I'll put it to you this way if you are in a job a long time and are getting bored or feel under appreciated or simply want something new you would stay with a promotion or new wage so easily or would you put some thought into it? Say the company you work for don't look to be going places real quick either.

So if I'm reading this correctly you're saying that we couldn't have kept these players before Moshiri came here either. Nothing has changed.

The best players at Everton still see themselves as better than Everton.

Until Moshiri stops our better players walking out on us then nothing will change.

The 'why' for me is obvious. The young man is at a crossroads in his career. The World Cup is coming up next summer and he hasn't gotten a sniff for England in over a year. He will only have two opportunities in his life at this point to play for England in a World Cup.

He probably feels like his career has stagnated (which it has), and wants another opportunity to jumpstart it. Can't blame him really. Will it achieve what he wants? No idea, but he's placing a bet on himself that it will.

He hasn't gotten a sniff for England because Southgate is a tit who selects players like Drinkwater, Wilshire, and other dross ahead of him. That's got nothing to do with what he's doing for us, I think Southgate just doesn't rate him. He was playing better than players in the squad and still didn't get a sniff. I don't see what a move, where he is in all likelihood going to end up with less playing time is going to help that situation.

If he feels like his career has stagnated then that is on his shoulders. The staff at the club have given him every opportunity to improve himself. What's obvious to everyone who watches him is that the areas he needs to improve are in his head.

I can blame him, he's jibbed us off and I'm real sore about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back