Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect though, that's where the comparison stops. Perhaps the biggest change is the change in ambition of the new owner relative to the ambition of the previous owners. The days of survival in the Premiership, no investment, back street lending and bargain basement spending have gone, gone forever.

Worrying about survival was gone 10 years ago though, we were regular challengers for Europe with Moyes and Kenwright.

Again, you say this is so, and you're rightly optimistic. I'll be over the moon when it happens, I just don't jump for joy at possibilities.

Like I said, I'm on the side of caution. That's no slight on anyone who's optimistic, good for them, and not about being right or wrong, especially on the internet. It's just how I am about our plight at the moment.

I'm not expecting instant success, either . It's good to see the calibre of player we are after, though . We might get them , we might not , and re-sign Ossie

I'm not expecting instant success, either . It's good to see the calibre of player we are after, though . We might get them , we might not , and re-sign Ossie

Indeed. Like I said though, we were linked with Shearer and Requilme too lol

With respect though, that's where the comparison stops. Perhaps the biggest change is the change in ambition of the new owner relative to the ambition of the previous owners. The days of survival in the Premiership, no investment, back street lending and bargain basement spending have gone, gone forever.

From your perspective, why do you think there is so little vibe about the deal in the chattering sections of football in general? It seems the wider football world is either treating the bids talked about as unlikely, or at best unimportant in the grand scheme of things. You kind of give the impression that Moshiris drive and ambition is self evident, but the press seem to be largely going with business as usual.

From your perspective, why do you think there is so little vibe about the deal in the chattering sections of football in general? It seems the wider football world is either treating the bids talked about as unlikely, or at best unimportant in the grand scheme of things. You kind of give the impression that Moshiris drive and ambition is self evident, but the press seem to be largely going with business as usual.

It's a fair point. I actually think the press are largely unaware of his ambitions because (i) they're not pro-actively seeking information and (ii) the club either by design or incompetence is not getting that message across.

Many of the press without a close association with Everton just shrug their shoulders, we are that far off their radars, in print, radio and TV. It's an issue which I believe needs addressing and addressing quickly. We need a strategy to heighten our profile and the right people to do it.

Reactions: Rat
Considering the 100 mil is made up of tv money what fresh funds is moshri providing. 30-40 mil if that and if Stones leaves will that money be used? Im just sceptical of the whole situation, seen too many dead end transfers to get excited anymore. If we do make signings so be it but I can see us signing Osman again.

Considering the 100 mil is made up of tv money what fresh funds is moshri providing. 30-40 mil if that and if Stones leaves will that money be used? Im just sceptical of the whole situation, seen too many dead end transfers to get excited anymore. If we do make signings so be it but I can see us signing Osman again.

LOL what?

You do realise the TV money mostly pays the players wages?

Combination of three things: (1) Plenty of teams have spent huge and had nothing to show for it. What we're talking about spending is nothing different than the money Newcastle has been throwing around to disastrous effect. (2) Every team is spending lots of money, maybe not to the extent we've been talking about, but it's differences of degree, not kind. (3) With Leicester winning the league last year this is a post-ambition world. "Statement of intent" and all that is meaningless because all of a sudden cracking the top four doesn't look like quite such the accomplishment.

Until we win it's all talk, and it's the same kind of talk that you hear from Stoke fans and Palace fans and West Ham fans and etc. It's all meaningless until we win.

It's a fair point. I actually think the press are largely unaware of his ambitions because (i) they're not pro-actively seeking information and (ii) the club either by design or incompetence is not getting that message across.

Many of the press without a close association with Everton just shrug their shoulders, we are that far off their radars, in print, radio and TV. It's an issue which I believe needs addressing and addressing quickly. We need a strategy to heighten our profile and the right people to do it.
I think this is why some fans are unconvinced about EFC's intentions. Surely Sky would have found out if we had a made a genuine bid for Mata or Witzel? We cant be in talks with Mata without making a bid can we? You only have to look at City and there 40 odd million bid for Bonucci and other players, it was all over Sky straight away, same with Utd. If we really wanted to convince people that our new owner means business, then you would imagine we would be making things more public regarding big bids for top players but the silence seems deafening and thats why im also on the cautious side but secretly optamistic!

Long time lurker btw but think the sites awesome. ;-)

I think this is why some fans are unconvinced about EFC's intentions. Surely Sky would have found out if we had a made a genuine bid for Mata or Witzel? We cant be in talks with Mata without making a bid can we? You only have to look at City and there 40 odd million bid for Bonucci and other players, it was all over Sky straight away, same with Utd. If we really wanted to convince people that our new owner means business, then you would imagine we would be making things more public regarding big bids for top players but the silence seems deafening and thats why im also on the cautious side but secretly optamistic!

Long time lurker btw but think the sites awesome. ;-)

Welcome mate - it's interesting, but must be a deliberate strategy

Why on earth would the club conduct its business in the full glare of the media?

Say nothing, tell no one and announce things when they're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back