Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should have a poll on this friend to see how many people actually think nothing has changed and those who believe otherwise. Mods?

Welcome mate - it's interesting, but must be a deliberate strategy
Cheers mate. Im hoping as much everyone else thats its the real deal this time but at the moment we've got a lot of fans shouting about being back in the big time, when in reality we have'nt done anything of note where it matters.
Again though, i am cautiously optomistic that your information is fact and not fairy tale.
COYB :)

I'd be more worried we had made a load of signings already, as many key players have not been available to assess. Pretty sure we are going to be set up and be a bit more direct. So fair bit to stock taking as who is going to fit into his team and tactics.

No. I'm not talking about a David Bowie best of compilation, I'm talking about Everton.

So we entered the pre season shrouded in mystery, who will be our new manager, will we spend loads, will we get a new stadium, will Cleverley leave, so many questions.

So far we've had one question answered, we got a new manager and to be fair it is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment for a club that supposedly has renewed ambitions. This is a man who thrives in ordinariness, a so-so man from a so-so nation, Mr. Average, Mr. Grey, if he was a colour he'd be magnolia, he's neither here nor there, he won't set the world alight, nor will he do any worse. If we wanted to send a message to the footballing world that we are back we needed to do better than Ronald "Flavour of the month" Koeman.

Instead we have done what we do best, go with what we can get, not push for what we supposedly can't get. A bad start for things to come.

So on to our transfers, so far we have made one, an undisclosed fee for a keeper who is that bad Fulham who have just finished above relegation in the League 1 find him surplus to requirements. Great.

We've been linked with two other signings, Witsel and Mata, so going off everything that has preceded this what is the honest likelihood we will sign them? We have no European football to lure them, we have a bog standard manager, maybe they want to join Gianluigi Stekelenbuffon? Ridiculous.

Apparently we have had negotiations with Witsel but true to form they've stalled. Everton that.

So on to the actual elephant in the room. Are we rich? So far I'm going with no, all we've done is catch the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Palace up in terms of money we can offer players.

Same old Everton? Yep.

Jesus Cristo mate already? Someone needs a spliff and a BJ toute de suíte.

No. I'm not talking about a David Bowie best of compilation, I'm talking about Everton.

So we entered the pre season shrouded in mystery, who will be our new manager, will we spend loads, will we get a new stadium, will Cleverley leave, so many questions.

So far we've had one question answered, we got a new manager and to be fair it is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment for a club that supposedly has renewed ambitions. This is a man who thrives in ordinariness, a so-so man from a so-so nation, Mr. Average, Mr. Grey, if he was a colour he'd be magnolia, he's neither here nor there, he won't set the world alight, nor will he do any worse. If we wanted to send a message to the footballing world that we are back we needed to do better than Ronald "Flavour of the month" Koeman.

Instead we have done what we do best, go with what we can get, not push for what we supposedly can't get. A bad start for things to come.

So on to our transfers, so far we have made one, an undisclosed fee for a keeper who is that bad Fulham who have just finished above relegation in the League 1 find him surplus to requirements. Great.

We've been linked with two other signings, Witsel and Mata, so going off everything that has preceded this what is the honest likelihood we will sign them? We have no European football to lure them, we have a bog standard manager, maybe they want to join Gianluigi Stekelenbuffon? Ridiculous.

Apparently we have had negotiations with Witsel but true to form they've stalled. Everton that.

So on to the actual elephant in the room. Are we rich? So far I'm going with no, all we've done is catch the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Palace up in terms of money we can offer players.

Same old Everton? Yep.

Probably the most ridiculous, negative post I have seen for months.

Aside from that, its also factually incorrect.
To label it 'nothing has changed' would suggest that we were previously as rich as the likes of Stoke,West Ham etc when in fact, we clearly werent.

Therefore to suggest nothing has changed is rubbish by the very notion that we now have owners who are willing to commit to levels which previously we were unable to.

Utterly embarrassing. Its casting aspersions that as a club, we have shouted from the roof tops our plans and how rich we are. Far from it.

Literally amazed that people like Moshiri get involved in football clubs when they have people like this to deal with.

Aside from that, its also factually incorrect.
To label it 'nothing has changed' would suggest that we were previously as rich as the likes of Stoke,West Ham etc when in fact, we clearly werent.

Therefore to suggest nothing has changed is rubbish by the very notion that we now have owners who are willing to commit to levels which previously we were unable to.

Utterly embarrassing. Its casting aspersions that as a club, we have shouted from the roof tops our plans and how rich we are. Far from it.

Literally amazed that people like Moshiri get involved in football clubs when they have people like this to deal with.
Who are we signing mate?

Literally amazed that people like Moshiri get involved in football clubs when they have people like this to deal with

TENA-LADY-EXTRA-PLUS-8.jpg

I agree, if only billionaires read footy forums before investing in a club a couple of months before they were due a massive windfall of telly money, they mightn't bother Just incase some lad from two dogs thinks he is in it for his own gain and was going to tell everyone on GOT!

Behave yourself.

The op is well within his rights to have doubts, I mean we've heard a lot so far but not seen much, when it changes you can all vault him and show how you were all top blues. Until then some of us have seen and heard it all before, and we will wait and see.

I agree, if only billionaires read footy forums before investing in a club a couple of months before they were due a massive windfall of telly money, they mightn't bother Just incase some lad from two dogs thinks he is in it for his own gain and was going to tell everyone on GOT!

Behave yourself.

The op is well within his rights to have doubts, I mean we've heard a lot so far but not seen much, when it changes you can all vault him and show how you were all top blues. Until then some of us have seen and heard it all before, and we will wait and see.
I'm so pleased that my Sap has friends like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back