Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you're saying is the only thing the club have really talked up is this new cladding, of which the timescale for it going up is sketchy at best?

Thanks mate. Thank you for enlightening me.

You have made a positive contribution to this thread.
You're welcome.

I hope to inspire others to take a similarly enlightened approach to their contributions in the future.

I think this is why some fans are unconvinced about EFC's intentions. Surely Sky would have found out if we had a made a genuine bid for Mata or Witzel? We cant be in talks with Mata without making a bid can we? You only have to look at City and there 40 odd million bid for Bonucci and other players, it was all over Sky straight away, same with Utd. If we really wanted to convince people that our new owner means business, then you would imagine we would be making things more public regarding big bids for top players but the silence seems deafening and thats why im also on the cautious side but secretly optamistic!

Long time lurker btw but think the sites awesome. ;-)

Or trying to keep things quiet incase someone else comes in to out do us.
E.g palace bid for batsuayi then chelsea nip in

No. I'm not talking about a David Bowie best of compilation, I'm talking about Everton.

So we entered the pre season shrouded in mystery, who will be our new manager, will we spend loads, will we get a new stadium, will Cleverley leave, so many questions.

So far we've had one question answered, we got a new manager and to be fair it is a thoroughly underwhelming appointment for a club that supposedly has renewed ambitions. This is a man who thrives in ordinariness, a so-so man from a so-so nation, Mr. Average, Mr. Grey, if he was a colour he'd be magnolia, he's neither here nor there, he won't set the world alight, nor will he do any worse. If we wanted to send a message to the footballing world that we are back we needed to do better than Ronald "Flavour of the month" Koeman.

Instead we have done what we do best, go with what we can get, not push for what we supposedly can't get. A bad start for things to come.

So on to our transfers, so far we have made one, an undisclosed fee for a keeper who is that bad Fulham who have just finished above relegation in the League 1 find him surplus to requirements. Great.

We've been linked with two other signings, Witsel and Mata, so going off everything that has preceded this what is the honest likelihood we will sign them? We have no European football to lure them, we have a bog standard manager, maybe they want to join Gianluigi Stekelenbuffon? Ridiculous.

Apparently we have had negotiations with Witsel but true to form they've stalled. Everton that.

So on to the actual elephant in the room. Are we rich? So far I'm going with no, all we've done is catch the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Palace up in terms of money we can offer players.

Same old Everton? Yep.

agree with all that...us not getting a proven high-level manager put the spanner in my optimism: at least i can follow next season with no expectations...we don't get hurt that way.

Nothing has changed, to be fair. At least nothing fan-facing, i.e. nothing the fans can see, or know of and can be proud of. All the fans get, luckily, is little titbits from posters on here seemingly ITK, but even then don't know how true it is and can only choose to believe them. We desperately need something to show us, the fans, that the new era is well and truly underway. We all probably believe things have changed and will be brilliant, just having to wait so long (let's not forget Mr Moshiri has been here a while) for something big (a big signing, confirmation of stadium plans, etc) is frustrating. Patience ...

Nothing has changed, to be fair. At least nothing fan-facing, i.e. nothing the fans can see, or know of and can be proud of. All the fans get, luckily, is little titbits from posters on here seemingly ITK, but even then don't know how true it is and can only choose to believe them. We desperately need something to show us, the fans, that the new era is well and truly underway. We all probably believe things have changed and will be brilliant, just having to wait so long (let's not forget Mr Moshiri has been here a while) for something big (a big signing, confirmation of stadium plans, etc) is frustrating. Patience ...

We were pretty skint now we're not. Change.

We had a duff manager now we don't. Change.

We've gone from bidding for Scott Dann to bidding for Juan Mata. Change.

We've gone from the slimmest of hopes of a new stadium to a guarantee of a new stadium. Change.

I could go on but... you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back