Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were pretty skint now we're not. Change.

We had a duff manager now we don't. Change.

We've gone from bidding for Scott Dann to bidding for Juan Mata. Change.

We've gone from the slimmest of hopes of a new stadium to a guarantee of a new stadium. Change.

I could go on but... you get the point.
No. I get all of that. Absolutely everything.

But nothing concrete has been confirmed. Just because The Esk says we've bid for Juan Mata means we're getting him? No it doesn't. I don't doubt he has good sources, but nothing concrete has been presented to the fans yet.

Also, there is no guarantee of a new stadium. There may be, but until it is presented to the fans, officially, there isn't a guarantee.

Would just like the ball to start rolling, and then to keep rolling, and rolling. Then let the good times roll.

No. I get all of that. Absolutely everything.

But nothing concrete has been confirmed. Just because The Esk says we've bid for Juan Mata means we're getting him? No it doesn't. I don't doubt he has good sources, but nothing concrete has been presented to the fans yet.

Also, there is no guarantee of a new stadium. There may be, but until it is presented to the fans, officially, there isn't a guarantee.

Would just like the ball to start rolling, and then to keep rolling, and rolling. Then let the good times roll.

I never said he's 100% going to sign but never in a million years would we have even sent a joking email to Man United about signing him; it's changed our potential options.

In re: stadium I think it's a guarantee depending only on placement. If Peel said tomorrow we can have the docks we'd begin the proper plans for it.

I understand your point but think a lot on here are waiting for one signing before they can relax and believe everything they already knew about the new regime.

I never said he's 100% going to sign but never in a million years would we have even sent a joking email to Man United about signing him; it's changed our potential options.

In re: stadium I think it's a guarantee depending only on placement. If Peel said tomorrow we can have the docks we'd begin the proper plans for it.

I understand your point but think a lot on here are waiting for one signing before they can relax and believe everything they already knew about the new regime.
Nail on the head mate. One big signing and literally everybody will believe ...

... and Tesco immediately will run out of Kleenex.

:lol:
(until we sell Stones to fund it and end up with a negative net spend)

image.webp

All this 'assessing the squad first' stuff sounds like Moyes talk.

Why? Put it this way - if you got a job as a manager with a company, would you go straight in with the size 10s and fire a load of employees and replace them? Or would you want to know what they're capable of first? Would you want to know whether or not your "high flyers" are dead set on leaving or if you could convince them to stay on? Makes sense to me.

Nothing has happened YET. And that is the operative word here - YET. Give it time and stop moaning. If it turns out Moshiri and Koeman are genuinely frauds and it's same old same old then congratulations - you win the internet - but literally nothing has been done to back up this reasoning at this point.

I, for one, am filled with hope for the upcoming season. 'Aint nobody gonna bring me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back