Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves fan, not really in peace. I think some of you lot need to educate yourselves a little more. You do come across as quite ignorant.

I'm not going to tell you i think we are a bigger club at the moment, we arent. In both clubs overall histories however, there wouldnt be a lot between both clubs. You lot have overachieved and done well from time to time, but you are hardly a heavyweight of English football at the moment. All i see is a club who do well as the underdogs and can't handle the pressure of expectation. Living in the shadow of Liverpool would be giving you an inferiority complex as they are far and away the biggest and most successful club on mersyside.

Its a bit rich that you think you could just take any clubs manager just because they are in a lower league. I wouldnt underestimate what Fosun are bringing to the table. The previous Wolves fan on here is pushing it to say how soon we could get CL football, but dont be surprised to see is top 8 in the same time frame. We have the financial clout and contacts in the game to really progress, and as any of you with any kind of intelligence and knowledge about Wolves overall history would know, the potential is there for us to do well. Its taken us a long, long time and many, many mistakes to get ourselves on the right path after the bhattis tried to run us into the ground. The signs are there to say this time we have it right.

The difference between EFC and Wolves is that the owners have driven us into the ground in the last 20 years and we still finished 7th last year. Think that's a bit of a different situation, don't you think? EFC hasn't finished worse than 11th in the EPL since 2004 and only 3 of those seasons were worse than 8th. EFC would have quite a few more European trophies had English teams not been banned from Europe, and while that was almost 40 years ago (when Wolves were in the 4th division I might add), at least EFC can claim to have been the best team in England and one of the best in the world at some point.

To compare, Wolves have been in the top flight of English 4 times in the entire existence of their history of over 100 years, never finished higher than 15th, and was in Ligue 1 4 years ago.

So look, I think it's great that Wolves has ambition, that's fantastic. But let's get a little perspective.

Last edited:
The difference between EFC and Wolves is that the owners have driven us into the ground in the last 20 years and we still finished 7th last year. Think that's a bit of a different situation, don't you? EFC hasn't finished worse than 11th in the EPL since 2004 and only 3 of those seasons were worse than 8th. EFC would have quite a few more European trophies had English teams not been banned from Europe, and while that was almost 40 years ago (when Wolves were in the 4th division I might add), at least EFC can claim to have been the best team in England and one of the best in the world at some point.

To compare, Wolves have been in the top flight of English 4 times in the entire existence of their history of over 100 years, never finished higher than 15th, and was in Ligue 1 4 years ago.

So look, I think it's great that Wolves has ambition, that's fantastic. But let's get a little perspective.

I agree about the perspective, but there seems to be none the other way around. We have had various owners run us into the ground. What about the Bhattis and what they did to us, far, far worse than anything you have experienced. We got run into the ground and it almost was the death of us.

I think you also need to remember, Wolves can also claim to have been the best team in England, and the world at one point. And also pioneers of European football.

Last edited:
The difference between EFC and Wolves is that the owners have driven us into the ground in the last 20 years and we still finished 7th last year. Think that's a bit of a different situation, don't you think? EFC hasn't finished worse than 11th in the EPL since 2004 and only 3 of those seasons were worse than 8th. EFC would have quite a few more European trophies had English teams not been banned from Europe, and while that was almost 40 years ago (when Wolves were in the 4th division I might add), at least EFC can claim to have been the best team in England and one of the best in the world at some point.

Bit of a history lesson needed for you:

Wolves League record in the old top flight:

League
First Division

We also have 1 less FA cup than you guys, 2 more league cups, and runners up in the old UEFA cup

Don't want him or Silva at Watford smacks to much of Bobby brown shoes does OK for a while at a club and everybody thinks they are the next big thing.
Sooner have a young English manager given a chance than either of those two, in fact I would gamble on the sheff unt manager before nuno as he hasn't the luxury of a agent pulling strings to get players in, not that he would ever get the chance.
Wolves are a decent club playing good football at the moment let them enjoy it and carry on with there manager.
He would be better off winning something for them than coming to the mess we are in at the moment the pressure on him would be immense.

I agree about the perspective, but there seems to be none the other way around. We have had various owners run us into the ground. What about the Bhattis and what they did to us, far, far worse than anything you have experienced. We got run into the ground and it almost was the death of us.

I think you also need to remember, Wolves can also claim to have been the best team in England, and the world at one point. And also pioneers of European football.
Lad your still tommy tanking it to Robbie Keane compilation vids on YouTube get a grip

Better than you lot doing it to Gary Lineker clips
Wouldn't worry about it mate suspect, its a Mendez publicity stunt to up the profile of his client and by proxy wolves in the press .
He will stay were he is, daft not to and will more than likely get a nice pay rise for himself and his agent sometime in the future for showing loyalty in the face of interest from others.
Enjoy you football , you are playing decent stuff at the moment and get used to your manager and players getting linked with everyone as long as you continue to play well.

Wouldn't worry about it mate suspect, its a Mendez publicity stunt to up the profile of his client and by proxy wolves in the press .
He will stay were he is, daft not to and will more than likely get a nice pay rise for himself and his agent sometime in the future for showing loyalty in the face of interest from others.
Enjoy you football , you are playing decent stuff at the moment and get used to your manager and players getting linked with everyone as long as you continue to play well.

Fair play and good post.

Quite surprised actually at a lot of the ignorance on here about us, but i suppose i shouldnt be that surprised seeing as everything these days is so premier league centric. We actually have some very good footballers at Wolves that a club in our position should really have no right signing.

Always liked Everton as a club tbh, a lot of it stems from Neville Southall being my goalkeeping idol as a kid. Fans have always seemed good to me whenever ive been there which is why im so surprised at the lack of respect and Ignorance about Wolves on here.

League
First Division

We also have 1 less FA cup than you guys, 2 more league cups, and runners up in the old UEFA cup
You're absolutely nothing compared to Everton. Only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have won more league titles.

You're top of the Championship after 15 games and getting a bit giddy, but to think that you're actually coming on an Everton forum and saying there isn't much between the two clubs is hilarious.

You've been in the top division of English football 4 times in the past 33 yearslol in contrast, we've been an ever present.

Wolves fan, not really in peace. I think some of you lot need to educate yourselves a little more. You do come across as quite ignorant.

I'm not going to tell you i think we are a bigger club at the moment, we arent. In both clubs overall histories however, there wouldnt be a lot between both clubs. You lot have overachieved and done well from time to time, but you are hardly a heavyweight of English football at the moment. All i see is a club who do well as the underdogs and can't handle the pressure of expectation. Living in the shadow of Liverpool would be giving you an inferiority complex as they are far and away the biggest and most successful club on mersyside.

Its a bit rich that you think you could just take any clubs manager just because they are in a lower league. I wouldnt underestimate what Fosun are bringing to the table. The previous Wolves fan on here is pushing it to say how soon we could get CL football, but dont be surprised to see is top 8 in the same time frame. We have the financial clout and contacts in the game to really progress, and as any of you with any kind of intelligence and knowledge about Wolves overall history would know, the potential is there for us to do well. Its taken us a long, long time and many, many mistakes to get ourselves on the right path after the bhattis tried to run us into the ground. The signs are there to say this time we have it right.

LOL

You're absolutely nothing compared to Everton. Only Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have won more league titles.

You're top of the Championship after 15 games and getting a bit giddy, but to think that you're actually coming on an Everton forum and saying there isn't much between the two clubs is hilarious.

You've been in the top division of English football 4 times in the past 33 yearslol in contrast, we've been an ever present.

There is a big gap now, and no denying Everton do have a more successful history overall, but to say we are nothing compare to you lot is comical. It shows a lot about the ignorance of some on your forum really. Lets see how things stand in a few years. I think you forget in the none too distant past, you were miles ahead of the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Citeh. Now you are lagging miles behind.

As for your record of being in the top flight for so long, yep, its impressive. What exactly have you had to shout about in the last 20 years or so though in the scheme of things? A few European qualifications? some decent finishes in the league. Thing is, in terms of trophies, Portsmouth and Birmingham city have won more than the mighty Everton in recent history.

Still like Everton despite some of the numpties on here ( not everyone ). Its just a shame ita like that here. When i was on the message board from the red side of town, they came across as far more humble, knowledgeable and respectful than a lot on here, and lets face it, they have done a lot more in the English game than Everton.

Still like Everton despite some of the numpties on here ( not everyone ). Its just a shame ita like that here. When i was on the message board from the red side of town, they came across as far more humble, knowledgeable and respectful than a lot on here, and lets face it, they have done a lot more in the English game than Everton.

This just goes to show how clueless you really are.

There is a big gap now, and no denying Everton do have a more successful history overall, but to say we are nothing compare to you lot is comical. It shows a lot about the ignorance of some on your forum really. Lets see how things stand in a few years. I think you forget in the none too distant past, you were miles ahead of the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Citeh. Now you are lagging miles behind.

As for your record of being in the top flight for so long, yep, its impressive. What exactly have you had to shout about in the last 20 years or so though in the scheme of things? A few European qualifications? some decent finishes in the league. Thing is, in terms of trophies, Portsmouth and Birmingham city have won more than the mighty Everton in recent history.

West Brom are more of a concern to us than you are.

Head back over to RAWK then.

League
First Division

Bit of a history lesson for you.

Everton have played the most seasons since the league was formed in the top division, by about 350 or so, and about 1500 games more in the top flight than Wolves have
Only Arsenal, Liverpool and United have won the league more times than we have, pre Ferguson we'd won it more than United.

You on the other hand have had one period in the history of your club of success - the 1950's when you won three league titles in 5 years, much like Huddersfield won 3 in a row in one decade and Blackburn won 2 in the 1910's and Sheff weds had 4 wins in the 10's and 20's back to back.

Nice stat above btw - but why on earth have you bothered to list the times you finished second, - did they used to give a trophy for that back in the 30's? or is it more to try pad out your 'success'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back