Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, enough of the d1ck waving competitions, is this guy actually any good? And are we actually interested?

Well, i can only speak for what he has done for us, but he has been a revelation. Got us playing with a good game plan, playing good football and very organised. Very calm and pragmatic, doesnt say a lot but when he does speak people listen and seems to have a real presence about him.

Even being top of the league, i still think we are flying under the radar. Its no mean feat to keep man city scoreless, but we did for 120 mins with our reserve side. They still had a very strong team out as well.

Probably not. I think you are too sensitive on here. Cant take a few home truths. Quite sad really
We know our own faults. Nobody has delusions of grandeur.

However, this topic is discussing taking a club's manager who aren't even in our league! If we truly wanted him, we would get him. Hardly being arrogant suggesting this.

We took Southampton's manager when they were giving it the big' un, too.

However, this topic is discussing taking a club's manager who aren't even in our league! If we truly wanted him, we would get him. Hardly being arrogant suggesting this.

He's turned us down. Maybe not every manager sees the 50 pound notes...

What are you blabbering on about? You're a club that by my reckoning has been in the top flight for a total of 4 of the last 35 seasons. Jokers.

I think any club would struggle having the owners we did in the early eighties. You lot do seem to be pretty clueless about wjat went on at Wolves.

Anyway. Any team that broke Dave Whelan’s Leg is OK by me. (Even if it was his own stupid fault). You did know he broke his leg didn’t you?

Reactions: Vfl
Well, i can only speak for what he has done for us, but he has been a revelation. Got us playing with a good game plan, playing good football and very organised. Very calm and pragmatic, doesnt say a lot but when he does speak people listen and seems to have a real presence about him.

Even being top of the league, i still think we are flying under the radar. Its no mean feat to keep man city scoreless, but we did for 120 mins with our reserve side. They still had a very strong team out as well.
Good team in not taking their opposition seriously in an early round cup game. What a shocker.

Making up the numbers in the top flight isnt exactly success is it. You havent truly been challenegers to the real big boys since the mid 80's. You won a lot of your honours pre 1940, so its hardly like you yourselves been flush with success since then.

I thought some of our fans lived in the past when we go on about a time when we were genuinely one of the best 2 or 3 teams going around in the world and the team that were the instigators of what became the champions league. We have a genuine place in European football history whether you lot want to accept it or not. You dont. You lot have taken living in the past to another level.

4 of the 9 league titles where won post 1960 mate, 3 of the 5 FA Cups where post 1960. Since you last won the league we have won it more than all your combined wins in your history in effect.

Not even gonna factor in we where Champions at the outbreak of both World Wars and at the time of the European ban and that impact on what would otherwise have been even more trophies - including the European cup.

Wolves - yeah they have a part in the history of the game, but your coming on here like billy big bollocks, when in fact you haven't even been making up the numbers, you've been completely and utterly an irrelevance to football for 50+ years

Can I suggest that you try and be a bit more respectful of the forum you have joined?

We have no problem with fans of other clubs joining, we have some great posters who are Spurs, Sunderland and Palace fans to name just a few... they are civil and respect that GOT is an Everton environment.

By all means post and comment, but carry on with the derogatory remarks and insults and your stay here will likely be a rather shorter one than uou expect.

Bit like whenever Wolves get promoted then really :)

Can I suggest that you try and be a bit more respectful of the forum you have joined?

We have no problem with fans of other clubs joining, we have some great posters who are Spurs, Sunderland and Palace fans to name just a few... they are civil and respect that GOT is an Everton environment.

By all means post and comment, but carry on with the derogatory remarks and insults and your stay here will likely be a rather shorter one than uou expect.

Bit like whenever Wolves get promoted then really :)

Making up the numbers in the top flight isnt exactly success is it. You havent truly been challenegers to the real big boys since the mid 80's. You won a lot of your honours pre 1940, so its hardly like you yourselves been flush with success since then.

I thought some of our fans lived in the past when we go on about a time when we were genuinely one of the best 2 or 3 teams going around in the world and the team that were the instigators of what became the champions league. We have a genuine place in European football history whether you lot want to accept it or not. You dont. You lot have taken living in the past to another level.
You sound like an old has been

I think you are delusional and arrogant. You live in the past more than we do and thats saying something

I think any club would struggle having the owners we did in the early eighties. You lot do seem to be pretty clueless about wjat went on at Wolves.

Very possibly because - without wishing to sound arrogant - what went on at Wolves in divisions below us doesn't figure high on our "ooh, must keep up to date with" list.

And again, carry on with the insults and you might as well select your own exit window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back