Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Nuno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d more interested in what
I think the truth has hurt you.

Says the guy who has signed up for an Everton forum because he’s absolutely petrified we might take his precious Manager who nobody has ever even heard of and we couldn’t give two sh*ts if he comes here not.

You’re terrified mush.

Then you have the cheek to call us ‘ignorant’ and praise our detestable neighbours.

Mate. You worship Steve Bull. That sounds worse than anything we could ever do.

Enjoy the irrelevance you perma live in.

Wolves are a fine old team but - for most of the last 50 plus years have had a few struggles at various levels. I don’t see any need for all this point scoring. Everyone knows the relative achievements of the two clubs and what usually matters is where one is right now.

The Wolves manager has lived up to the hype so far this season - at least his signings have performed!

Anyway. Didn’t the great Doog make his debut (for Villa) at Goodison. - runs away anticipating brickbats.

Bit of a history lesson for you.

Everton have played the most seasons since the league was formed in the top division, by about 350 or so, and about 1500 games more in the top flight than Wolves have
Only Arsenal, Liverpool and United have won the league more times than we have, pre Ferguson we'd won it more than United.

You on the other hand have had one period in the history of your club of success - the 1950's when you won three league titles in 5 years, much like Huddersfield won 3 in a row in one decade and Blackburn won 2 in the 1910's and Sheff weds had 4 wins in the 10's and 20's back to back.

Nice stat above btw - but why on earth have you bothered to list the times you finished second, - did they used to give a trophy for that back in the 30's? or is it more to try pad out your 'success'

Making up the numbers in the top flight isnt exactly success is it. You havent truly been challenegers to the real big boys since the mid 80's. You won a lot of your honours pre 1940, so its hardly like you yourselves been flush with success since then.

I thought some of our fans lived in the past when we go on about a time when we were genuinely one of the best 2 or 3 teams going around in the world and the team that were the instigators of what became the champions league. We have a genuine place in European football history whether you lot want to accept it or not. You dont. You lot have taken living in the past to another level.

Wolves are a fine old team but - for most of the last 50 plus years have had a few struggles at various levels. I don’t see any need for all this point scoring. Everyone knows the relative achievements of the two clubs and what usually matters is where one is right now.

The Wolves manager has lived up to the hype so far this season - at least his signings have performed!

Anyway. Didn’t the great Doog make his debut (for Villa) at Goodison. - runs away anticipating brickbats.

Good post there mate.

I’d more interested in what

Says the guy who has signed up for an Everton forum because he’s absolutely petrified we might take his precious Manager who nobody has ever even heard of and we couldn’t give two sh*ts if he comes here not.

You’re terrified mush.

Then you have the cheek to call us ‘ignorant’ and praise our detestable neighbours.

Mate. You worship Steve Bull. That sounds worse than anything we could ever do.

Enjoy the irrelevance you perma live in.

I think you need to read our forum and see what i posted before i read this rubbish. Nuno is staying where he is.

Wolves fan, not really in peace. I think some of you lot need to educate yourselves a little more. You do come across as quite ignorant.

I'm not going to tell you i think we are a bigger club at the moment, we arent. In both clubs overall histories however, there wouldnt be a lot between both clubs. You lot have overachieved and done well from time to time, but you are hardly a heavyweight of English football at the moment. All i see is a club who do well as the underdogs and can't handle the pressure of expectation. Living in the shadow of Liverpool would be giving you an inferiority complex as they are far and away the biggest and most successful club on mersyside.

Its a bit rich that you think you could just take any clubs manager just because they are in a lower league. I wouldnt underestimate what Fosun are bringing to the table. The previous Wolves fan on here is pushing it to say how soon we could get CL football, but dont be surprised to see is top 8 in the same time frame. We have the financial clout and contacts in the game to really progress, and as any of you with any kind of intelligence and knowledge about Wolves overall history would know, the potential is there for us to do well. Its taken us a long, long time and many, many mistakes to get ourselves on the right path after the bhattis tried to run us into the ground. The signs are there to say this time we have it right.

Not as ignorant as the original wolves bloke who actually got practically everything wrong on the details of your current manager mate.

Not a lot between both clubs - really? just 3 times as many league titles for us

Living in the shadow of Liverpool - yeah, about a quarter of the size of that Villa shadow you have been under for ever mate.

LOTS of clubs have the potential and history to do well mate, Sunderland have been massively more successful as a club over their history than you have, so have villa, doesn't mean absolutely squat ultimately - and both those had owners and takeovers who they believed would see them succeed as well.

Nice one in having at least for now a bit of a good vibe going on down there mate, but to think your gonna be the new City - like some of you have been spouting, in fact to think your almost nailed on to start becoming a top 8 team with regularity is laughably optimistic, how exactly are you going to bridge the gap in quality and wages within the rules of FFP mate? whilst Mendez has funnelled his clients to you atm in time, and yeah they are players way too good for the championship - but you reckon that will continue forever? to make the next step - in fact to just make sure you don't bounce right back down - you will need more than Mendez clients mate, because a lot of them would laugh at the idea of coming to you - no offence meant, but thats reality.

As for wanting your manager etc, read around a bit, most wouldn't go near him, he's a manager who after succeeding with a very small Portugeuse club hasn't managed to last 2 full seasons at any club bigger - Valencia and Porto, and has after a decent honeymoon period at both - flopped badly and then left by 'mutual consent', Mendez by and large is funnelling his damaged good through Wolves for a season or two to get their reputations back up before they will be moved on to clubs which are at a much higher level than you

Not as ignorant as the original wolves bloke who actually got practically everything wrong on the details of your current manager mate.

Not a lot between both clubs - really? just 3 times as many league titles for us

Living in the shadow of Liverpool - yeah, about a quarter of the size of that Villa shadow you have been under for ever mate.

LOTS of clubs have the potential and history to do well mate, Sunderland have been massively more successful as a club over their history than you have, so have villa, doesn't mean absolutely squat ultimately - and both those had owners and takeovers who they believed would see them succeed as well.

Nice one in having at least for now a bit of a good vibe going on down there mate, but to think your gonna be the new City - like some of you have been spouting, in fact to think your almost nailed on to start becoming a top 8 team with regularity is laughably optimistic, how exactly are you going to bridge the gap in quality and wages within the rules of FFP mate? whilst Mendez has funnelled his clients to you atm in time, and yeah they are players way too good for the championship - but you reckon that will continue forever? to make the next step - in fact to just make sure you don't bounce right back down - you will need more than Mendez clients mate, because a lot of them would laugh at the idea of coming to you - no offence meant, but thats reality.

As for wanting your manager etc, read around a bit, most wouldn't go near him, he's a manager who after succeeding with a very small Portugeuse club hasn't managed to last 2 full seasons at any club bigger - Valencia and Porto, and has after a decent honeymoon period at both - flopped badly and then left by 'mutual consent', Mendez by and large is funnelling his damaged good through Wolves for a season or two to get their reputations back up before they will be moved on to clubs which are at a much higher level than you

Just curious, who do you see as damaged goods he has bought to Wolves?

Making up the numbers in the top flight isnt exactly success is it. You havent truly been challenegers to the real big boys since the mid 80's. You won a lot of your honours pre 1940, so its hardly like you yourselves been flush with success since then.

I thought some of our fans lived in the past when we go on about a time when we were genuinely one of the best 2 or 3 teams going around in the world and the team that were the instigators of what became the champions league. We have a genuine place in European football history whether you lot want to accept it or not. You dont. You lot have taken living in the past to another level.

Can I suggest that you try and be a bit more respectful of the forum you have joined?

We have no problem with fans of other clubs joining, we have some great posters who are Spurs, Sunderland and Palace fans to name just a few... they are civil and respect that GOT is an Everton environment.

By all means post and comment, but carry on with the derogatory remarks and insults and your stay here will likely be a rather shorter one than uou expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back