Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

I don't know how many I have to be honest, each season is bundled together and tied with string. Most I have never even opened, so they're bundled and left in the condition they were bound.

The oldest is 8th September 1888 Everton v Accrington.

That will be so interesting. Bet the Club would like to have some things like that.

BillY kenny? You sure? I thought he came on to the scene much later. Billy Wright possibly.
Everton
's team that day - v Notts Forest at Home - GOT BEAT 3-2 ATT 21,043 - SCORERS J HURST - M LYONS - {SUB} S BROWN FOR B KENNY
1- A RANKIN - 2- T WRIGHT - 3- K NEWTON - 4 - H KENDALL- 5 - B LAB0NE- 6 - M LYONS 7- T JACKSON 8 -B KENNY- 9 J ROYLE- -10 - J HURST 11 - J MORRISSEY
SUB USED -12 S BROWN FOR BILL KENNY!
Mick Lyons scored on his home début - it was Bill Kenny- who was subbed!
Took me an age to research that! March 20 th 1971 Saturday 3 pm kick off

Everton
's team that day - v Notts Forest at Home - GOT BEAT 3-2 ATT 21,043 - SCORERS J HURST - M LYONS - {SUB} S BROWN FOR B KENNY
1- A RANKIN - 2- T WRIGHT - 3- K NEWTON - 4 - H KENDALL- 5 - B LAB0NE- 6 - M LYONS 7- T JACKSON 8 -B KENNY- 9 J ROYLE- -10 - J HURST 11 - J MORRISSEY
SUB USED -12 S BROWN FOR BILL KENNY!
Mick Lyons scored on his home début - it was Bill Kenny- who was subbed!
Took me an age to research that! March 20 th 1971 Saturday 3 pm kick off
The photo is at Forest though.

Got it as D.Davies in goal. Roger Kenyon 7....3-2 defeat at Notts.Forest.
Correct my error - Dai Davis in goal and Roger Kenyon no 7 l;) the rest of the team I put spot on it was an away fixture with Mick Lyons, and B Kenny making debuts -
The reasons for the changes in the team was maybe we had the European cup game v Panahinaikos away 2nd leg , and semi final FA cup v the other lot at old Trafford the following week!:( both lost and out of the competitions!:mad:
Kenyon on the wing hey !lol

$_1.JPG

A bag of Chips for the correct guess - p&p excluded.

scan0065-3.jpg

Wow that will be a MUST see.. looking forward to it..
Accrington Stanley ....?:)
I have got records in my EFC Bible - The football league consisted of just 12 teams Accrington finished one place above us in 7th!:eek:
We had a squad of 35 players that season Everton in a previous dispute did not enter the FA Cup which Preston North End won defeating Wolves 3-0, They also won the league that season
Everton's first Football league match at Anfield 8th of September 1888 V Accrington { no Stanley} in a packed ground of 12,000 fans winning 2-1 with a brace of goals by George Fleming.
No teams were relegated. Stoke came bottom - the following season we came runners up to Presto NE
If you can produce that programme on hear it would be amazing even if it was a copy! ;)

I have got records in my EFC Bible - The football league consisted of just 12 teams Accrington finished one place above us in 7th!:eek:
We had a squad of 35 players that season Everton in a previous dispute did not enter the FA Cup which Preston North End won defeating Wolves 3-0, They also won the league that season
Everton's first Football league match at Anfield 8th of September 1888 V Accrington { no Stanley} in a packed ground of 12,000 fans winning 2-1 with a brace of goals by George Fleming.
No teams were relegated. Stoke came bottom - the following season we came runners up to Presto NE
If you can produce that programme on hear it would be amazing even if it was a copy! ;)

Courtesy of the Everton Collection

v0_medium.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back