Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

;) Want a barm cake with your chips:)

Forgotten man really. Some reminiscences from Forest fans here :
http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6274
He was forgotten as he never produced the form with us just flashes of it a nearly man cost us a lot maybe the fee got to him a very good midfielder, slotting in with Harvey, and Kendall, but no Allan Ball, a hard act to follow, he was great with Forest though!

In that squad for Everton v Accrington......
We had.... a Brown..a Chadwick..a Dobson.. a Gibson..a Higgins..a Jones.. a Watson..a Weir..a Wilson..and

A.D1ck.....certainly had some of them at Everton over the years...ha ha ...:D

can't help wondering mate, you obviously have that Ledger with all of our results and other data in it, but what about Programmes ? I reckon you must have quite a collection there ? what's the oldest ?

The oldest I HAD... my mother threw loads out after I emigrated (& just scanned through removing cup finals and the like to keep) was a Rugby League one from 1906 St.Helens v Liverpool City I read an article about a prog being sold for a mint and touted at the time as the oldest known Rugby Prog ... but not as old as what my beloved mother threw in the bin.

Pfft If it's not one thing it's your mother.

Strange one there too about Accrington.... and being no Stanley....
When the team sheet reads ....Stanley Team..!!
Yes as I explained in my record book they were just written in as Accrington maybe Stanley was a nickname or just left out in my book I did already explain that point all the big cotton Mill towns in Lancashire were the big teams in the early days as the Mill owners financed them - how times have changed!
Our main Derby games later on were with Bootle FC who were a Cricket, and Football club!

In my little bible it says we were beaten by fierce rivals Bootle 7 days before we played accrington...at anfield....
Along with the Mill teams as you say Joey that made the league it also comprised of teams such as
Notts. County..Aston Villa..Derby Co. ,.....(BC) Before Clough ..:D...West.Brom...Stoke..and Wolves...
Imagine trying to get the Sunniways to the Midlands then ...lollol

image.webp
More early evidence of the liver bird in use by the club.
Recently acquired medal from 1910.

In my little bible it says we were beaten by fierce rivals Bootle 7 days before we played accrington...at anfield....
Along with the Mill teams as you say Joey that made the league it also comprised of teams such as
Notts. County..Aston Villa..Derby Co. ,.....(BC) Before Clough ..:D...West.Brom...Stoke..and Wolves...
Imagine trying to get the Sunniways to the Midlands then ...lollol
The teams travelled by train, they were met by the homes teams driver on a horse, and cart, taken to the ground, fed ,and watered afterwards, then taken back to the station on the horse, and cart, not that many away supporters in those days then!lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back