Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Old Everton Pictures

DFmOvs4XkAAvJuO

Dukla Prague, anyone travel there ?

duk3a506.jpg
How the heck we lost that, we battered them at Goodison,they got a flukey last gasp away goal, the away leg was midweek after the Kingy Derby I'm sure,I remember listening as a kid to the score updates on Radio City,it looked like we were going through then they scored with about ten minutes to go,gutted!! still I got to see the famous "Dukla Prague away kit"

How the heck we lost that, we battered them at Goodison,they got a flukey last gasp away goal, the away leg was midweek after the Kingy Derby I'm sure,I remember listening as a kid to the score updates on Radio City,it looked like we were going through then they scored with about ten minutes to go,gutted!! still I got to see the famous "Dukla Prague away kit"

Yes your right Dario, the Saturday before the return leg was the game when Andy King scored that famous goal in our derby win. It must have been a huge dissapointed to lose in Prague especially after the euphoria of winning the derby.

I also read an article by Jack Charlton many years ago after he had retired, and he wrote about the return game at Elland Road when Moggsy went straight through him. I cannot quote it verbatim, but it went along the lines of, in the words of Charlton;
'I was moving out with the ball, when, CRASH, the whole world sent me face down in the mud. I looked up, and standing above me was Johnny Morrissey. He looked down at me and glared and said, "Right, put that down in your little f......g black book". Then he calmly walked over to the referee to receive a booking'.
This is apparently genuine.

Johnny Giles on Morrisey:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back