Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Olivier Giroud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooney and Giroud aren't coming here to be squad players though Andy, they're not replacements for Kone and Valencia.

If you accept Lukaku/Barkley is better than Rooney/Giroud, you can't leverage Kone and Valencia as the counter.

I can and I did.

I compared 4 possible players for this season (none of which even play for us yet) to the main four attacking players from last season.

And that's leaving our the likes of Mirallas, Lookman and the more winger types.

I think so too.

But then do we sign Rooney to sit on the bench?

Can't see either him, or Giroud not starting if they come.

I don't think Koeman is arsed tbh.

We have plenty of games to go around (hopefully). I'm sure that will be part of the selling point.

Though, FWIW, I'm far from convinced we'll be getting Giroud. No reliable sources claiming there's anything more than 'interest', tbh

Barkley and Lukaku
or
Rooney and Giroud

Not convinced that's a step forward personally - hoping Sandro can tear it up/we bring in another striker.

I'd agree with that first bit. Rooney and Giroud is not as good as Barkley and Lukaku.

But could Rooney, Giroud, Sandro and maybe a couple of others be better than Barkley, Kone, Lukaku and Valencia.

I'd say yes. Quite possibly.

I can and I did.

I compared 4 possible players for this season (none of which even play for us yet) to the main four attacking players from last season.

And that's leaving our the likes of Mirallas, Lookman and the more winger types.

AT LEAST WE'VE IMPROVED ON KONE AND VALENCIA, YERSSSS

he'll want to be a starter and should be, but there will be plenty of football next season and he's no spring chicken. He'll need help as will Rooney. I think we'll be able to offer playing time to everyone.

Agree mate.

If Lukaku goes, we'll need another as well as Rooney and I'm sure that will happen.

Rooney won't play up top.

He'll be competing with/replacing Barkley in that creative role on the right.

It's hilarious to think Giroud will come here and sit on the bench.

I think if we do get someone like Giroud on top of what we have it may be horses for courses. They (rooney/giroud or similar) will start most of the big games granted but I think there will be a fair bit of protecting them from playing a 50/60 games. (if we do well in the cups that is)

So I can see them on the bench a bit yes while DCL, lookman and Sandro lead the line. Then it's down to form thereafter, if someone else is a better bet I'm sure Koeman will make that decision.

I think he'll be happy with game time and the Europa League still exposes him to more than just the EPL

I'm quite warming to the idea of Giroud up front with Ramirez and Rooney playing behind them feeding balls through for them ;)

AT LEAST WE'VE IMPROVED ON KONE AND VALENCIA, YERSSSS

Agree mate.

If Lukaku goes, we'll need another as well as Rooney and I'm sure that will happen.
me too.... my totally uneducated guess is there are two lists of targets. Those to compliment Rom and those to replace him... Looks like we're now going to start shopping from the latter. Rooney was always going to happen regardless i think.

Good answer.

Important we improve on Kone in particular.

He didn't make a league start and played a total of 72 minutes, in 6 sub appearances in the premier league last season.

Vital we replace that.

I'm starting to see the relevance/correlation to Olivier Giroud potentially coming in.

Important we improve on Kone in particular.

He didn't make a league start and played a total of 72 minutes, in 6 sub appearances in the premier league last season.

Vital we replace that.

I'm starting to see the relevance/correlation to Olivier Giroud potentially coming in.

I didn't think you'd take it so simplistic. If we improve as a squad that's just as important as solely improving on 2 key players.

For me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back