• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Other Club Transfers 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem with that is to put the rs under real pressure,City,United,Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea would all need to take 6 points from us because I can see the rs taking 4 at least.
I disagree.

In the last 5 seasons (pretty much Liverpool's best period in the last 3 decades) we've had 10 derbies and Liverpool have taken 17 points of the 30 available points:

Won 4
Drawn 5
Lost 1

IMO we're seeing peak Liverpool pass and the only question is how much they plateau or decline.

I disagree.

In the last 5 seasons (pretty much Liverpool's best period in the last 3 decades) we've had 10 derbies and Liverpool have taken 17 points of the 30 available points:

Won 4
Drawn 5
Lost 1

IMO we're seeing peak Liverpool pass and the only question is how much they plateau or decline.

Extremely fortunate to win some of those as well. The Origi winner they could easily have drawn or lost as we outplayed them in that game. Last season at Anfield if Gordon gets the pen he should have we’re 1 up late in the second half when they’ve produced nothing all game. Even under Ancelotti at Goodison behind closed doors if that Davies shot goes in off the post we win that as well.

The media always focus on how many derby games we’ve not won but Liverpool’s derby record for an elite team against a mid table one is very poor.

The league has been a two horse race for ages by a massive gap. Spurs Arsenal and United have been pathetic in recent seasons apart from a few odd moments. Liverpool falling off their level a bit and the others improving would be a welcome change from this never ending media deluge of glory glory Liverpool that has bend the last 5 years.
I agree wholeheartedly and I don't mind rolling over for City to help them stop the rs from their prime target,but that's as much as I'm comfortable with.?

I disagree.

Won 4
Drawn 5
Lost 1

A lot depends on this window and the proposed take over isn't helping,if we go with basically the same starting eleven as the last two derbies a point at home would be the best I could see us getting.

In fairness we had an injury crisis last season, changed managers twice in the middle of both transfer windows, had probably the worst refereeing agenda against the club in a single season I can remember, and still didn’t go down.

There’s no reason think that with a full pre season with Frank, a few less injuries, and a decent window we won’t be able to pull ourselves out of trouble.
The reason is I think our manager is tactically inept.

Of course you do.

What part of the wins agaisnt far superior opposition in Chelsea United Leicester made you think he is tactically inept?

You can throw in a corrupt refereeing decision from getting a pen to go 1 up at Anfield late on as well.
Winning a match doesn't mean the managers tactics were good. If you don't agree with that statement the conversation is over.

Winning a match doesn't mean the managers tactics were good. If you don't agree with that statement the conversation is over.

Then it becomes purely subjective and this argument could go on for ever. I’d posit that beating oppositions that have better players than you mean you’ve maximised your strengths and negated theirs. Sounds like decent tactics to me. You might get lucky doing it once but when it happens more often then it’s not longer luck. Newcastle United Chelsea Leicester Palace all had better players than we did yet Lampard came out on top of all of these. Are you saying that was down to pure luck?

Then it becomes purely subjective and this argument could go on for ever. I’d posit that beating oppositions that have better players than you mean you’ve maximised your strengths and negated theirs. Sounds like decent tactics to me. You might get lucky doing it once but when it happens more often then it’s not longer luck. Newcastle United Chelsea Leicester Palace all had better players than we did yet Lampard came out on top of all of these. Are you saying that was down to pure luck?
We beat Chelsea because Pickford stopped a tap in with his face. Yes I'm saying we may have been a bit fortunate at times.

And on the other side we didn't really drop points when we shouldn't have.

Extremely fortunate to win some of those as well. The Origi winner they could easily have drawn or lost as we outplayed them in that game. Last season at Anfield if Gordon gets the pen he should have we’re 1 up late in the second half when they’ve produced nothing all game. Even under Ancelotti at Goodison behind closed doors if that Davies shot goes in off the post we win that as well.

The media always focus on how many derby games we’ve not won but Liverpool’s derby record for an elite team against a mid table one is very poor.
They were sick when we beat them 2-0 at Anfield. It was one of the stats they loved to trundle out for years.

A lot depends on this window and the proposed take over isn't helping,if we go with basically the same starting eleven as the last two derbies a point at home would be the best I could see us getting.

We were swindled out of at least a point this season when Liverpool were at the top of their 5 year peak and we were at the lowest point we've been for 3 decades.

The truth of the matter is that all but a relegation class team in the PL can set up to play and get a draw or even a smash and grab win against any other.

We were chronic this season but every single top team we either did get points off...or should have got points off if the ref and VAR booth weren't completely bent:

City at home we deserved a point
Liverpool away we deserved a point or win
Chelsea we took 4 points off
Spurs we drew with at home
Arsenal we beat at home
United we took 4 points off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back