Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has only played about 5 minutes for us how an earth can he be judged on that

He played about 20 mins on Saturday and looked awful. A semi pro player would have contributed more. I usually give players a chance but he doesn't move like a premier league player for me. Sometimes you can just tell someones not up to it. Happy to be vaulted if proved incorrect.

He played about 20 mins on Saturday and looked awful. A semi pro player would have contributed more. I usually give players a chance but he doesn't move like a premier league player for me. Sometimes you can just tell someones not up to it. Happy to be vaulted if proved incorrect.
He needs a chance mate.
A few sub showings he can't be judged on that

He has only played about 5 minutes for us how an earth can he be judged on that
It was a little longer than five minutes on Saturday. Yes it's too early to make an affirmed judgement, but it certainly raised some questions.

Rustiness is fair enough but strolling around the pitch and not challenging for easy balls seemed slightly dubious to me. Hope it was an off day...

I gave my verdict pre us signing him mate, we did overpay, but he isn't as bad as some are making out having watched him all of 20 mins, and can say that after having watched him a fair bit

Yeah, remember that. He has a bulk to him, so lets see him after a bit of conditioning. Could be one of them nuisance players that are a nightmare to play against.

I also assume that when a PL club goes shopping in that market, prices tend to rocket.

Yeah, remember that. He has a bulk to him, so lets see him after a bit of conditioning. Could be one of them nuisance players that are a nightmare to play against.

I also assume that when a PL club goes shopping in that market, prices tend to rocket.

Yeah unless something weird has happened in the past 3 months the very least he has is work rate, strength and pace, we will see i guess, still hope my early worries about him before we bought him prove daft in a year

Yeah unless something weird has happened in the past 3 months the very least he has is work rate, strength and pace, we will see i guess, still hope my early worries about him before we bought him prove daft in a year

Well they are certainly attributes. And as a professional footballer, I assume a bit of actual ability once the lad has settled in.

Cant be easy.

What would you say would have been a fair price for him mate where it wouldn't have raised your eyebrows

5-7m i would have said was a fair price given that he'd only had one good year really and is mid 20's mate, thats the type of fee if it doesnt work out you can take a bit of a loss move him on and only be in a 2-3m hole overall, honestly still absolutely shocked about the fee we paid and so where all the footy fans over here i know.

Mate of mine afterwards said why didn't you buy Dzagoev instead as he's got a buyout around the same as that and i felt a [Poor language removed] lol

This league is a big step up and he will need some time to adapt. You could tell he wasn't ready for the physicality of this league; that will take some getting used to.

It was a little longer than five minutes on Saturday. Yes it's too early to make an affirmed judgement, but it certainly raised some questions.

Rustiness is fair enough but strolling around the pitch and not challenging for easy balls seemed slightly dubious to me. Hope it was an off day...

I would expect some of our senior pros to "have a word".
Perhaps next time out, he'll tear someone a new one?

5-7m i would have said was a fair price given that he'd only had one good year really and is mid 20's mate, thats the type of fee if it doesnt work out you can take a bit of a loss move him on and only be in a 2-3m hole overall, honestly still absolutely shocked about the fee we paid and so where all the footy fans over here i know.

Mate of mine afterwards said why didn't you buy Dzagoev instead as he's got a buyout around the same as that and i felt a [Poor language removed] lol

Hopefully it was just 500k upfront and the remaining 13m based on playing 20 games which judging by his 16 minutes so far might take him 2 seasons to amass 20 games lol

Fingers crossed mate he comes good, I always say a new player like him just needs an early goal in their new start which settles the nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back