Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it would be an award that doesn't exist,

Futbol and Sports Express both give a end of season player of the season award mate as do one or two other Russian sports sites/papers, but they are always 'end of season awards', each club also allows the fans to vote for their own clubs player of the season award - but Naisse has never even been on the shortlist for one of them - either sports publication awards or his own teams player of the season shortlist for last season.

Will gladly hold my hands up and admit my mistake if anyone can show me anything which actually quotes a source for this supposed award, as it is total rubbish thats been regurgitated by the british media

Yep struggled to find him winning any award anywhere.

Everytime i see it quoted in an article mate it makes me cringe inside, in this day and age it's not exactly hard to check something like that before running a story on sky/national newspapers etc.

Can imagine the amusement if someone like Hulk would have been signed for any prem team and how the papers would have had to have backtracked as they'd all start calling him the winner of the award straight away.

Last season which is the only one he could have won an award for - Lokomotiv finished 7th in a 16 team crap league dominated by Zenit, pretty sure the player of the season would have been one of the players coming from a team who finished 24 points above Lokomotiv.

Awards like over here are dominated by the big name players and the big teams, Lokomotiv are the 4th biggets team in moscow - its like Bolasie moving from palace to Zenit and all the papers saying he was the premier league player of the season really

Last edited:
Utterly rubbish and shows how bad that the 'Sky reporters' fact checking is that they ran with that as a fact mate, seriously spend 10 minutes online to find any mention of him winning this award before we bid/bought him
I stand corrected... or Sky Sports should!

those ten minutes revealed that he was awarded player of the month (once) by the fans of LM... and a surprising quote from September 2014 of him wanting to play for Liverpool (from the *coughs* reliable source of givemesport.com !)

"Liverpool is a special place for me. I have always dreamed of playing for them," he added. "If I keep developing at this rate perhaps in the next few seasons I will be playing at Anfield.
he'll probably get his wish next month.

I stand corrected... or Sky Sports should!

those ten minutes revealed that he was awarded player of the month (once) by the fans of LM... and a surprising quote from September 2014 of him wanting to play for Liverpool (from the *coughs* reliable source of givemesport.com !)

he'll probably get his wish next month.

Just agents using the tool of clickbait to get players on the radar of fans from other clubs mate, think that article dates to just before he moved to Russia from Turkey by the date. But can guarantee that via mediums like newsnow etc they would have gotten tens of thousands or more clicks onto it from rs fans at the time.

Liked the story that Chelsea and Mourinho have been wanting to sign him for the last two seasons, like yeah Chelsea often lose out on players moving from Turkey to the mighty Lokomotiv...

Honestly wish the lad would stop doing interviews, his agent etc would stop spouting crap and they could just concentrate on getting him fit enough to play and hopefully show us something

Think it was "Playa of the Year"

02_01211347_697f27_2668208a.jpg

This has tipped me over the edge. The player of the year award was the one thing that was giving me hope. This guy has no pedigree whatsoever. Not even in the Russian league. He basically played a load of games in Senegal , one season for a mid table Turkish team (12 goals in 34 matches), two seasons for a mid table Russia team (12 goals in 28 matches). In comparison, Kone's record is much more impressive. More goals in better leagues. He's not exactly a youngster either. What were we thinking?

This has tipped me over the edge. The player of the year award was the one thing that was giving me hope. This guy has no pedigree whatsoever. Not even in the Russian league. He basically played a load of games in Senegal , one season for a mid table Turkish team (12 goals in 34 matches), two seasons for a mid table Russia team (12 goals in 28 matches). In comparison, Kone's record is much more impressive. More goals in better leagues. He's not exactly a youngster either. What were we thinking?
After a day of brutal vaulting reckoning it's astounding some don't learn from the mistakes of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back