Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jsut get the impression, and Martinez is a manager who doenst play players due to bad attitude, why mirrallas was push out. Get the feeling we have a new nyarko on our hands

Maybe I'm wrong but he looks like a cracking player on those YouTube videos tho.

Once Martinez has gone I think then we might start to see more about his and Kev attitudes, we all need to forget this season and wipe slates clean on the squad that stays with us over the summer. Cant judge anyone right now, but I know if I was bought over as a stiker and was being left out for Kone I would also have a bad attitude.

I like what I read about Niasse and think he can come good under a better coach. Heck, we might be in UCL if we had a better coach. OK, maybe not exactly there but closer. So first thing first, get a new manager in.

The curious case of Oumar Niasse: Everton forward cost £13.5m but has only played for 29 minutes and couldn't get on the bench at Wembley... the numbers just don't add up
  • Oumar Niasse is the third most expensive player in Everton's history
  • Forward didn't make the bench for Saturday's FA Cup semi-final defeat
  • Niasse had made just five sub appearances and played for 29 minutes
  • Fans have been left confused about his lack of action after big price-tag
  • A senior member of backroom staff is unconvinced by Niasse's ability
By JOE STRANGE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 19:47 EST, 25 April 2016 | UPDATED: 20:09 EST, 25 April 2016

Five successful passes in the Premier League, zero shots at goal and just 29 minutes of action in all competitions. Those are just a few of the shocking numbers behind £13.5million man Oumar Niasse.

Everton made the 26-year-old the third most expensive player in their history when they splashed out to sign him from Lokomotiv Moscow on February 1, but he has barely been seen since.

Niasse is yet to start a game and has only made five substitute appearances. For Saturday's FA Cup semi-final defeat by Manchester United, he was left out of the squad entirely.

3383F9A600000578-0-image-a-47_1461573312230.jpg

+9
Oumar Niasse (L) runs with the ball during Everton's 3-2 defeat against West Ham at Goodison Park in March

3383F9BA00000578-0-image-m-51_1461573339287.jpg

+9
30C9B63300000578-0-image-a-52_1461573350988.jpg

+9

Niasse, pictured at Lokomotiv Moscow (right), has played for just 29 minutes since joining Everton in January

3341E13E00000578-0-image-a-54_1461573372683.jpg

+9
Steven Pienaar (right) and Niasse watch on from the bench during Everton's 1-1 draw with Southampton

OUMAR NIASSE AT EVERTON
Transfer fee: £13.5million

ALL COMPETITIONS

Appearances: 5

Starts: 0

Minutes played: 29

Goals: 0

Assists: 0

PREMIER LEAGUE ONLY

Touches: 19

Passes made: 10

Successful passes: 5

Shots: 0

Duels won: 3

Duels lost: 6

On Roberto Martinez's bench were two right backs - Tony Hibbert and Matthew Pennington - left back Bryan Oviedo, wingers Kevin Mirallas and Gerard Deulofeu, and 34-year-old Leon Osman. Arouna Kone, the club's only other senior striker, was also absent.

Hibbert has not played a single first-team game all season and only returned to action with the Under 21s last week, while Pennington was recalled from a loan spell with League One Walsall just to be involved at Wembley. Somehow, both were deemed more suitable for a place in Martinez's 18-man squad.

Niasse's slow start to life on Merseyside was understandable. He arrived from Russia having not played a competitive game for well over a month and also had a wrist injury - which required minor surgery - to contend with.

But having been thrown on for his debut for the last 10 minutes of Everton's 2-0 FA Cup win at Bournemouth on February 20, the Senegal international has gone on to play just another 19 minutes in all competitions.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tes-couldn-t-bench-Wembley.html#ixzz46pjYxIto
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I feel sorry for him.

Maybe he does look bad in training but he deserves a chance in a real game, he may not be as bad as the coaches think. Russia isn't an awful league even if it isn't as strong as the Premier League.

On the bench ahead of promising youngsters that could actually contribute for meaningless league games, then when the biggest game of the season comes around he can't get on a bench than includes 3 full backs, one of which is a 64 year old paraplegic Tony Hibbert

I love the comments about him being no better than a league 2 striker.

Hes not a complete Unknown! Its not like Ali Dia waltzing up to Southampton having never played a game. Niasse is a proven international striker who has scored goals at a good standard. His ability isnt in question for me, his suitability for the premiership is another thing entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back