Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really can't be that bad. Top Russian goal scorer. You tube video is ok. Must be championship standard at least. Give him and some of the youngsters a go for the rest of the season

Selling Naismith was stupid to be honest. The Derby and semi final were crying out for some of the things he can bring, work rate, passion, and of course finishing ability. Imagine Naismith on the end of some of those Cleverley chances. Ultimately he was frozen out of the side to accommodate Kone and Cleverley. A poor decision made even worse by Niasse being unable to contribute.

He should start one of the pointless games we've got left surely?

If he doesn't, there's something seriously wrong there - not that we don't suspect it already.

Not sure how Niasse can be defendable tbh. I know we haven't seen him so far but isnt that the point, he can't get a game over the academy players?

Balls to his wrist injury, that doesn't stop you for 3 months unless you broke the damn thing and it healed at a right angle to your arm.

Selling Naismith was stupid to be honest. The Derby and semi final were crying out for some of the things he can bring, work rate, passion, and of course finishing ability. Imagine Naismith on the end of some of those Cleverley chances. Ultimately he was frozen out of the side to accommodate Kone and Cleverley. A poor decision made even worse by Niasse being unable to contribute.

Naismith seems to get better with every game that he isnt here. He will be revered like Cruyff next season.

I liked Naismith but realistically he was never quite good enough and he has hardly pulled up any trees at Norwich. He had a bit of fight in him but lets face if if he stayed we would all be fuming if he was playing ahead of Ged or Mirallas.

Not sure how Niasse can be defendable tbh. I know we haven't seen him so far but isnt that the point, he can't get a game over the academy players?

Balls to his wrist injury, that doesn't stop you for 3 months unless you broke the damn thing and it healed at a right angle to your arm.

Literally every youtube clip of him of him and he has that bloody wrist strapped up, i can't see how its affecting him one bit.

This is one strange episode

We cant rewrite history here, getting any kind of numerical compensation for Naismith was great business, the very fact it was reportedly £8m, and all of it in Pound Sterling was a great return. Naismith was a lot of things, but he was never, and never will be our hero in waiting.

We cant rewrite history here, getting any kind of numerical compensation for Naismith was great business, the very fact it was reportedly £8m, and all of it in Pound Sterling was a great return. Naismith was a lot of things, but he was never, and never will be our hero in waiting.
Exactly mate. I still stand by my thoughts he was a terrible footballer in the grand scheme of things, just with a knack of popping up in the right place at the right time in the right game.

the fact we swapped him for Niasse is the baffling thing for everyone with an interest surely? As much as selling naimsith i was fully behind, we could have signed someone much more useful in the process. For all intents and purposes right now 13.5 million just doesn't exist, it has gone the way of Artetas transfer fee because until the footballer plays football for us, he may as well not exist.

33tgh6t.jpg

£8 million isn't a great return when you throw Niasse into the mix though. Think the point is Naismith would have undoubtedly contributed more than him, and at a time when the team seem to have lost all fight, Naismith could well have been a ray of light.

£8 million isn't a great return when you throw Niasse into the mix though. Think the point is Naismith would have undoubtedly contributed more than him, and at a time when the team seem to have lost all fight, Naismith could well have been a ray of light.

He probably wouldnt have though. He wasnt playing in the end and rightfully so. he would have added as much as Pienaar or Gibson this season more than likely.

Surely nobody could have predicted that the Niasse thing was going to go this badly. He may have been under the radar but he was hardly a nobody when he signed either.

4m gamble, ok. 14m though? Surely El Bob could see that we needed technically gifted players, being Spanish and all. La Liga is full of this type of player at reasonable prices. No, he chooses an unknown from the truly awful Russian league who looks he couldnt trap a bag of cement, it beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back