Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a point of watching him closely in pre-game warm-ups last season and I felt sorry for him.
His touch was awful and you only had to look at the other players to see they were trying not to get involved with a passing routine with him. Pienaar did one pre-game and not once did Niasse control a pass first touch and his passing to SP was all adrift too.

I took my 16 yr old son to Palace towards the end of last season. My son loves watching the pre-match warm ups, watching the routines and particularly the skill levels.

He'd not seen Niasse live before and after watching him closely for a few minutes working with Dunc, turned round and said 'he's so bad he wouldn't get into our school team, he doesn't even look or move like a footballer'.

I agree totally with your comments Andy.

I took my 16 yr old son to Palace towards the end of last season. My son loves watching the pre-match warm ups, watching the routines and particularly the skill levels.

He'd not seen Niasse live before and after watching him closely for a few minutes working with Dunc, turned round and said 'he's so bad he wouldn't get into our school team, he doesn't even look or move like a footballer'.

There was a moment I think at half time one game last year where he was warming up with cleverley as they were both subs and they were literally just knocking a ball back and forth 10 yards apart and he couldn't do it! Every pass was wayward! Cleverley just had this look on his face after jogging to retrieve the ball for the fifth time like 'how are you even a footballer'.

There was a moment I think at half time one game last year where he was warming up with cleverley as they were both subs and they were literally just knocking a ball back and forth 10 yards apart and he couldn't do it! Every pass was wayward! Cleverley just had this look on his face after jogging to retrieve the ball for the fifth time like 'how are you even a footballer'.

he was just getting cleverley more warmed up, wish we had more players that willing for the team tbh

Remember being in the away end just behind the goal at Fulham many moons ago when during warm-up all players missed the goal with their attempts. We lost 1-0.

I know - not very Oumar related

Unsworth is full of praise for this feller's attitude and performance on the pitch. I'll take his opinion over anyone on here. He works with him and knows his ability day to day.

Niasse is being treated unbelievably shabbily. I cant think of a player in recent memory facing such criticism from both a manager and fans. And I cant help but think that he's caught up in the bigger politics of an outgoing regime and an incoming one. It's clear that some are determined to weaponise him and his fee. The attitude toward him is very hard to justify outside of that.

I love these experts, btw - the one's who only have to watch someone walk to know whether they'll make it or not as a player. He is what he is: a finisher. He stands around in the box and he doesn't do much else than that. The video's before he arrived here underlined that. Did people expect him to become a roving attacker pressing and linking play up?

Hopefully he goes on elsewhere and has a very successful time of it. That's the only way for him to respond to this experience.

I love these experts, btw - the one's who only have to watch someone walk to know whether they'll make it or not as a player. He is what he is: a finisher. He stands around in the box and he doesn't do much else than that. The video's before he arrived here underlined that. Did people expect him to become a roving attacker pressing and linking play up?
Early start for DaveK on the ale here - Oumar Niasse a finisher. Maybe on Mars, but here on planet earth, in the English premier league, Niasse couldn't finish a fish supper - a view strongly held by Roberto Martinez and Ronald Koeman.

Unsworth is just being nice to him, because he (Unsworth) is a good bloke and doesn't have to get involved with picking the senior side.

Early start for DaveK on the ale here - Oumar Niasse a finisher. Maybe on Mars, but here on planet earth, in the English premier league, Niasse couldn't finish a fish supper - a view strongly held by Roberto Martinez and Ronald Koeman.

Unsworth is just being nice to him, because he (Unsworth) is a good bloke and doesn't have to get involved with picking the senior side.
Not on Mars, no. In the Russian Premier League.

Now, of course, that isn't top 5 European league calibre by any stretch (we all got wise to that after Bilyaletdinov and McGeady), but it isn't the Liverpool & District Business House League either.

He didn't create the fee. Others did. Koeman doesn't want him? Fine. But dont tell the whole world how he's not wanted because he has to be sold one day...and it's not right he shoots a player down in flames in public or treats him like rubbish behind the scenes. He's fanned the flames of ill-will toward the player that's for sure. It actually reflects worst of all on Koeman for dealing with this in such a cack handed and arrogant way. If I were the CEO of this club I'd be giving Koeman his pay check of £6M this year minus £5m. That'll cover the cash he lost us because the sell on value will be about a million quid.

Unsworth is full of praise for this feller's attitude and performance on the pitch. I'll take his opinion over anyone on here. He works with him and knows his ability day to day.

Niasse is being treated unbelievably shabbily. I cant think of a player in recent memory facing such criticism from both a manager and fans. And I cant help but think that he's caught up in the bigger politics of an outgoing regime and an incoming one. It's clear that some are determined to weaponise him and his fee. The attitude toward him is very hard to justify outside of that.

Hopefully he goes on elsewhere and has a very successful time of it. That's the only way for him to respond to this experience.

Showed how much of a finisher he was when he passed the ball to a stranded Kasper Schmeichel's face when presented with an open goal last season.

The fella is the worst footballer I've ever seen with my own eyes, that's about it really.

So you'll take Unsworth's opinion but not Koeman's despite their differences in experience? Ok Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back