Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it's this: Unsworth has been left with the task of trying to get the feller some game time, confidence and positive publicity in order that we're able to salvage some cash from him in the future...a job made ten times more difficult by the manager.
Have to agree with you there Dave, Koeman hasn't covered himself in glory with this and it has probably reduced his value greatly.
He is, however, a very poor footballer.

Have to agree with you there Dave, Koeman hasn't covered himself in glory with this and it has probably reduced his value greatly.
He is, however, a very poor footballer.
We all said Martinez should play him and then look what happened when he did. Niasse is a no win scenario. Frankly I'm shocked the club didn't let him go on loan because the sell on was too low. The only thing we can salvage at this point is to get him off the wages.

We all said Martinez should play him and then look what happened when he did. Niasse is a no win scenario. Frankly I'm shocked the club didn't let him go on loan because the sell on was too low. The only thing we can salvage at this point is to get him off the wages.

To be fair, the season had gone into meltdown and half the team had downed tools by the time Niasse was given a start.

No one was acquitting themselves with any distinction from Arsenal onwards.

Well Dave's basing his assertion that he's a finisher on a few goals against non-league quality opposition

True. Nobody properly knows really.

The U23s are like league one-two level are they not? Seeing as they are competing against those teams in the Johnstones Paint trophy or whatever its called these days.

True. Nobody properly knows really.

The U23s are like league one-two level are they not? Seeing as they are competing against those teams in the Johnstones Paint trophy or whatever its called these days.

Our under 23s would be about that level, 3 or 4 of Reading's players would be. But I'd imagine most of their under 23s will end up playing non-league for the majority of their careers, that tells you the level of opposition we were up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back