Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

POLL: Can we progress as a club while Kenwright remains in a prominent role?

• No: We are going nowhere with this utter Charlatan still as Chairman

• Yes: He provides Moshiri with valuable experience and expertise

• Cheese on Toast with an honourary role

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a question I've albeit asked cause I'm feeling rather stung by yesterday, but it's a question I think needs asked for our long term future. It would be equally as valid if we'd won 1 nil yesterday.

All the murmurs suggest he's involved in dealings, people I've spoken tell me he is (whether they're right I've no idea), and I feel it's time he was removed from our transfer dealings altogether for the sake of our future progression.

Our Summer window plainly didn't go as planned. If the current window is no better and the same people are responsible then Moshiri has to change things. One mistake is forgiveable, two isn't.

But it's still early January, so it's way too soon to tell.

If Morgs signs next week ( and I believe he will, not ITK or anything, just the balance of probabilities says he will ) and we get a couple more first team players in before the end of the window then Koeman will have signed :-

• Williams
  • Gueye
  • Bolassie
  • Morgs
  • AN Other
  • AN Other 2
which would mean the first choice ten outfield players would be more than half his own team. I'm not including Stek because I don't believe he's really looked on as first choice.

Admittedly there has to be some doubt about that happening, but, if it does, then complaining about not being able to get players in would begin to look a tad silly.

It's a question I've albeit asked cause I'm feeling rather stung by yesterday, but it's a question I think needs asked for our long term future. It would be equally as valid if we'd won 1 nil yesterday.

All the murmurs suggest he's involved in dealings, people I've spoken tell me he is (whether they're right I've no idea), and I feel it's time he was removed from our transfer dealings altogether for the sake of our future progression.
Is that you Adversus?

But Tim said it's Bill's fault...

It's not about yesterday or any one game in particular. It's about us getting a winning team on the field, competing in the next 3 or 4 years. No manager will get that squad to that level without competent transfer dealings. I'm only asking is there any role for BK in this. I obviously feel no there isn't but if others do then fine.

It's not about yesterday or any one game in particular. It's about us getting a winning team on the field, competing in the next 3 or 4 years. No manager will get that squad to that level without competent transfer dealings. I'm only asking is there any role for BK in this. I obviously feel no there isn't but if others do then fine.
Sorry mate I'm a bit busy atm but if it's OK by you I'll just watch while @Woolly Blue schools you. ;)

Our Summer window plainly didn't go as planned. If the current window is no better and the same people are responsible then Moshiri has to change things. One mistake is forgiveable, two isn't.

But it's still early January, so it's way too soon to tell.

If Morgs signs next week ( and I believe he will, not ITK or anything, just the balance of probabilities says he will ) and we get a couple more first team players in before the end of the window then Koeman will have signed :-

• Williams
  • Gueye
  • Bolassie
  • Morgs
  • AN Other
  • AN Other 2
which would mean the first choice ten outfield players would be more than half his own team. I'm not including Stek because I don't believe he's really looked on as first choice.

Admittedly there has to be some doubt about that happening, but, if it does, then complaining about not being able to get players in would begin to look a tad silly.

Obviously if what you suggest happens then that's great, and indeed I and Koeman will look a bit silly.

But for RK to come out like he did yesterday, there must be something not quite right. There must be problems or weak links in the transfer problems. If there are issues, then lessons need to be learned because we missed the boat in the summer and can't afford to mess up again because other teams will leave us behind.

Obviously if what you suggest happens then that's great, and indeed I and Koeman will look a bit silly.

But for RK to come out like he did yesterday, there must be something not quite right. There must be problems or weak links in the transfer problems. If there are issues, then lessons need to be learned because we missed the boat in the summer and can't afford to mess up again because other teams will leave us behind.

Koeman's brusque in his manner and was doubtless angry after losing a match.

While he was plainly having a little dig, people are likely reading too much into it.

The poll results certainly don't suggest ''schooled'' lol

Just because lots of people agree with you doesn't mean you're right !

Given your general posting history, I'd be rather concerned if I found myself agreeing with you. :coffee:

Given your general posting history, I'd be rather concerned if I found myself agreeing with you. :coffee:
giphy.gif

While he was plainly having a little dig, people are likely reading too much into it.

You're right, I think about the little dig and reading too much into it. Should there be any need for little digs at this stage of his tenure though?

I haven't voted. If Kenwright & Elstone are still conducting transfer business, that's deeply worrying. It means either Moshiri hasn't learned his lesson from the summer debacle or he actually wants them in situ to deflect criticism away from him.

He has to go ! the buy cheap mentality is still there for a club supposedly with cash we are still haggling over the odds
Ronald has only been here 6 months he looks p!ssed off already with our market stall shenanigans

Ah my Gif didn't even work haha

To sum up, solider down lol

Do people just expect transfer negotiations to go:
Everton: "How much do you want for 'Player X'?"
Other Team: "Twice his actual worth"
Everton: "Tell you what, let's triple it"
Other Team: "Deal"

We've got too much money if anything. Let's just buy everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back