Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible how things change, isn't it mate?

Last season you said it wasn't right to just blame the players, and that its the fault of the manager for not 'adequately training' them.

Ah, so when is it okay or not okay to blame the players? It wasn't their fault under Ancelotti, but it is their fault under Benitez?

Benitez is paid about that, right?
Imagine paying someone £11.5m a year and not expecting better than being humiliated at home to relegation fodder, and not giving the (very handsomely paid) coach any of the blame because he doesn't have an entire new squad.

Last time I checked Ancelotti had spent £70 million in the summer and had been in the job for over 18 months in which we were going backwards towards the end of his tenure to the point of being only able to try win games by 1-0 smash and grabs via set plays.

Benitez has been here 9 games, has spent £1.7 million and the performances largely have been better than last season when our first 11 is largely all fit and on the pitch.

You're embarassing yourself with the agenda against the manager.

Just pipe down and wait until the end of the season before acting as if the world is ending when we're 1 win off joint 5th.

Is that when he was literally a day away from joining West Ham when Madrid came calling. If it wasn't his boyhood club, he would have been at Upton Park.
So ok he overcame he homesickness to go to Madrid because it was he boyhood club is that what you’re saying ? I presume you’re about to tell us that he’d always been a Dalian fan since his youth , maybe he didnt suffer homesickness in China as it was so similar to the Wirral or had he gone off his Missus by then ?

So ok he overcame he homesickness to go to Madrid because it was he boyhood club is that what you’re saying ? I presume you’re about to tell us that he’d always been a Dalian fan since his youth or did he not suffer homesickness in China as it was so similar to the Wirral or had he gone off his Missus by then ?
Loves a chow mein apparently. Them little crispy roll things too.

Lets just say the failure to get in the champions league with that napoli side didnt go down well.

Really mate. I think you should read up in what went down. As I've said numerous times. He was offered a 2 year contract. If he was so bad, he wouldn't have been offered one. He was already lining players up for the summer.

He was homesick. De Laurentis even offered to buy Rafas family a home in the heart of Rome and find a top English speaking school for his kids and a promise of a big spend that summer. Rafael turned it down. He was then offered a rolling 1 year deal, in which he could leave at any point at the end of a season, he was adamant he wanted to return to England. In which he did.

De Laurentis and Rafael are on very very good terms to this day, so much so that he has approached Rafael on 3 seperate occasions to come back, twice in the last year.

So ok he overcame he homesickness to go to Madrid because it was he boyhood club is that what you’re saying ? I presume you’re about to tell us that he’d always been a Dalian fan since his youth , maybe he didnt suffer homesickness in China as it was so similar to the Wirral or had he gone off his Missus by then ?

Returning to a country and City you grew up in is different to going to a different country.

I don't think China really needs explaining, he went for the money and the fact that no top jobs were going.

Really mate. I think you should read up in what went down. As I've said numerous times. He was offered a 2 year contract. If he was so bad, he wouldn't have been offered one. He was already lining players up for the summer.

He was homesick. De Laurentis even offered to buy Rafas family a home in the heart of Rome and find a top English speaking school for his kids and a promise of a big spend that summer. Rafael turned it down. He was then offered a rolling 1 year deal, in which he could leave at any point at the end of a season, he was adamant he wanted to return to England. In which he did.

De Laurentis and Rafael are on very very good terms to this day, so much so that he has approached Rafael on 3 seperate occasions to come back, twice in the last year.
You post like you know the fella.

I’m going to test this now.

What team do his daughters support ?

And, this is not a trick question btw as my dad was chatting to them a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back