Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Returning to a country and City you grew up in is different to going to a different country.

I don't think China really needs explaining, he went for the money and the fact that no top jobs were going.
ah see

returning to childhood home conquer homesickness, I can follow that logic .

money causing homesickness to disappear despite moving to different continent , I’m afraid I’d need a little more .

that said I’d prefer you not to reply as I don’t like engaging with you I just thought your initial post deserved a reply .

thanks .

Really mate. I think you should read up in what went down. As I've said numerous times. He was offered a 2 year contract. If he was so bad, he wouldn't have been offered one. He was already lining players up for the summer.

He was homesick. De Laurentis even offered to buy Rafas family a home in the heart of Rome and find a top English speaking school for his kids and a promise of a big spend that summer. Rafael turned it down. He was then offered a rolling 1 year deal, in which he could leave at any point at the end of a season, he was adamant he wanted to return to England. In which he did.

De Laurentis and Rafael are on very very good terms to this day, so much so that he has approached Rafael on 3 seperate occasions to come back, twice in the last year.

No idea if true or not, but happy to take you at your word. However does that not seem rather odd decision making? Like Napoli are in a lot better shape than we are. Why turn down such a good offer to come here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back