2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I hate Liverpool, but they had a pretty significant injury list last season. Including their main 3 cbs at the same time. To say they only had VVD out is revisionism. Stop trying to make our situation worse than it is.

But that was the line in the media - it was VVD. They had a few injuries but have a good squad - we dont its as simple as that.

If Salah gets a knock they have Jota
If Fabinho gets a knock they have Henderson
If VVD gets a knock they have Matip/Gomez

We have Rondon/Tosun to cover DCL, Davies/Delph to cover Doucoure and Godfrey/Holgate to cover Mina.

No replacements of any quality for Richy, Gray or Townie either.

If we were winning 1 in 9 with a fully fit starting 11 I would be agreeing with what you're saying sir but the reality is we've been hammered with injuries - one of the papers called it an injury crisis yesterday and they are right.

I was going to ask you who we were going to sign, given your track record of insider knowledge on these matters.
Here are some of his hits from summer. (He also said we wanted rid of mina and were actively trying to sell him because he wouldn't be forming part of our defence. Apparently now he is the most important part).

Screenshot_20211123-094354_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211123-094431_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211123-094615_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211123-094720_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20211123-094759_Samsung Internet.jpg

Viera has made an impact after being in the job the same amount of time

And are only a massive 1 point above us with only Eze the main player out. Take Zaha, Gallagher & a few others out for 5-6 week lay offs and where would they be mate?

Same with West Ham - would love to see them without Antonio, Rice, Soucek & Ogbonna.

But that was the line in the media - it was VVD. They had a few injuries but have a good squad - we dont its as simple as that.

If Salah gets a knock they have Jota
If Fabinho gets a knock they have Henderson
If VVD gets a knock they have Matip/Gomez

We have Rondon/Tosun to cover DCL, Davies/Delph to cover Doucoure and Godfrey/Holgate to cover Mina.

No replacements of any quality for Richy, Gray or Townie either.

If we were winning 1 in 9 with a fully fit starting 11 I would be agreeing with what you're saying sir but the reality is we've been hammered with injuries - one of the papers called it an injury crisis yesterday and they are right.
Pretty sure the papers were talking about how bad their injury crisis was. In fact, I distinctly remember posts on got about it because they were getting excuses for an injury crisis and ours was going largely ignored despite the number of injuries we had then.

Literally, vvd, matip and gomes were all injured at once. They had Henderson and fabinho in defence and then Henderson got injured iirc. I don't recall the rest but a quick Google shows how bad it actually was.

Like I say, you are playing things down to make our situation seem worse. We have one defender out and the other 4 are the 4 that @Theoneandonly said in the summer would be benitez' back line as we wanted rid of mina supposedly.

Pretty sure the papers were talking about how bad their injury crisis was. In fact, I distinctly remember posts on got about it because they were getting excuses for an injury crisis and ours was going largely ignored despite the number of injuries we had then.

Literally, vvd, matip and gomes were all injured at once. They had Henderson and fabinho in defence and then Henderson got injured iirc. I don't recall the rest but a quick Google shows how bad it actually was.

Like I say, you are playing things down to make our situation seem worse. We have one defender out and the other 4 are the 4 that @Theoneandonly said in the summer would be benitez' back line as we wanted rid of mina supposedly.

DCL
Richarlison
Doucoure
Mina
Godfrey
Pickford
Digne
Coleman
Gray
Gomes
Delph
Holgate
Iwobi
Gbamin
Tosun

Have all been injured 11 yes ELEVEN games in and you dare say we haven't had an injury crisis.

Your head has sizzled off and you're no better than the Kevin The Ratio's or Toff33Blues99 of the world now - conspiracee agenda radicals Who cant see the woods from the trees.

My advice is take some time oot from Everton as its doing your well being no good at present its sad to see a once logical poster turn so feral.

DCL
Richarlison
Doucoure
Mina
Godfrey
Pickford
Digne
Coleman
Gray
Gomes
Delph
Holgate
Iwobi
Gbamin
Tosun

Have all been injured 11 yes ELEVEN games in and you dare say we haven't had an injury crisis.

Your head has sizzled off and you're no better than the Kevin The Ratio's or Toff33Blues99 of the world now - conspiracee agenda radicals Who cant see the woods from the trees.

My advice is take some time oot from Everton as its doing your well being no good at present its sad to see a once logical poster turn so feral.
When have I said we dont have an injury crisis? I said we are missing 1 defender. Which doesn't explain why the defence is now so poor.

My well being is fine thanks. Seems weird that you think you know what my wellbeing is like.

I dare say? You sound like you think you are above reproach saying things like that.

When have I said we dont have an injury crisis? I said we are missing 1 defender. Which doesn't explain why the defence is now so poor.

My well being is fine thanks. Seems weird that you think you know what my wellbeing is like.

I dare say? You sound like you think you are above reproach saying things like that.

How can the manager set up a team/system to have any consistency where everyone knows their job and have solid partnerships with one another on the pitch if half our squad are in and out the side on a weekly basis?

West Ham can play Moyes' way because he's been there over 24 months and barely has had any injuries so there is a consistency to them. Take half their team out week in week out and dump Mark Noble, Lanzini, Diop etc in there and you'll see a drop in performances / results.

But you refuse to acknowledge that or give this fella more than 11 games to actually try build something here its scandalous.

Last edited:
Here are some of his hits from summer. (He also said we wanted rid of mina and were actively trying to sell him because he wouldn't be forming part of our defence. Apparently now he is the most important part).

View attachment 146491View attachment 146492View attachment 146493View attachment 146494View attachment 146495

So we've gone from signing Coutinho, Nunes, Koulibaly, not signing Rondon, and not being skint, to being totally skint and signing Rondon

I knew there had been some pretty awful predictions, but didn't realise they had been this bad!

Edit - sorry just noticed I missed out the selling Mina to fund Dumfries bit as well. About as good a success rate as an ITK as Benitez at defending corners

Status
Not open for further replies.