Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonetheless isn't the coach's job to get the best out of the players available. Not have a petulant stubborn row with anyone who challenges his authority. My point is he is a dinosaur!
Its the players job to wear the shirt with pride and give everything for the team, not have a petulant stubborn row with your manager and sulk because everything is based around you

The thing is, and it’s the same with Digne, is that no matter how much we think we do, we know nothing of the situations.

James was never staying without Ancelotti. Never. I suspect he’d even have got off if Ancelotti was still here.
You are normally a very sane poster but the bolded part above is then followed by the huge supposition in the next line.... seems a tad contradictory if I may say so.

Like the last 2 decades have gone really well with different styles of managers.

Who cares if he is stubborn and egotistical manager 'if' he delivers results.

You would sacrifice results just to have a 'nice' manager?
We are 13th in a league of 20 and our last five games have been Draw, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win......
As great as it was, one 2nd half comeback does not equal delivering results... surely...

It distresses me somewhat seeing our manager referred to as FSW, that was our name for him when he managed our mutant cousins. I would prefer a new insulting acronym to be used now he is our boss. our house have started referring to him as BFG (big fat get) as it is less racist whilst still containing sufficient disdain to keep both arms of the blue army happy?

And a mid season slump with an vastly injured squad doesn’t equate to a bad manager.
Unless the managers name is Koeman, Silva or Martinez....
Dont get me wrong I think all the above deserved to go (albeit for different reasons) but the key was that their stubbornness would not allow for a plan B or plan C. I am merely trying to point out that FSW seems to be getting a free pass on both this AND results. The bar gets lowered every week it seems.

It distresses me somewhat seeing our manager referred to as FSW, that was our name for him when he managed our mutant cousins. I would prefer a new insulting acronym to be used now he is our boss. our house have started referring to him as BFG (big fat get) as it is less racist whilst still containing sufficient disdain to keep both arms of the blue army happy?
BFOG - I like adding the 'old'....

We are 13th in a league of 20 and our last five games have been Draw, Loss, Loss, Loss, Win......
As great as it was, one 2nd half comeback does not equal delivering results... surely...

The season isn't half way through and we had a huge injury crisis.

Maybe you should give the guy a chance before you slate him as you would if it was any other manager.

I'd guess at least giving the guy a season before judging him as he's had no money would be fair.

Sadly a lot in here act like they're about 5.

The battle is completely over, Benitez has come out of it as the strongest person at Everton now. There is no war to be had.
I personally viewed Moshiri’s comment of ‘results will improve’ as a warning to the manager rather than a vote of confidence.

Failure to beat Palace tomorrow with Leicester and Chelsea next to come and we are right up the creek again.

Unless the managers name is Koeman, Silva or Martinez....
Dont get me wrong I think all the above deserved to go (albeit for different reasons) but the key was that their stubbornness would not allow for a plan B or plan C. I am merely trying to point out that FSW seems to be getting a free pass on both this AND results. The bar gets lowered every week it seems.

Nah, it's because it's his first season and he's had no money.

All those other managers had money to spend, while he hasn't. That's why most people are cutting him some slack.

The bar has been lowered as we haven't backed him in a transfer window.

When he's backed people will expect more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back