Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally viewed Moshiri’s comment of ‘results will improve’ as a warning to the manager rather than a vote of confidence.

Failure to beat Palace tomorrow with Leicester and Chelsea next to come and we are right up the creek again.
What would say to three draws or maybe even better four points from those three games?

4 points is the minimum expectation from Palace and Leicester. Chelsea will be tough but Leeds showed today that they can be got at.
They can be got at but you couldn’t really have any complaints for coming away from Stamford bridge with nothing . As you accurately say I’d want 4 points from the other two , anything better would certainly be well received.

I don’t think you get it . If we win ,We could be ninth mate , ninth , breathe in & feel the Rush and imagine people had the temerity to question this guy .

No one is saying 9th is good. Prior to the Arsenal game though people were saying that we were going to be relegated, we were the worst team in the league, and they didn’t know were the next point was coming from. That to me seems far more of a massive overreaction than someone pointing out that we’ll go to 9th if we win.

I personally viewed Moshiri’s comment of ‘results will improve’ as a warning to the manager rather than a vote of confidence.

Failure to beat Palace tomorrow with Leicester and Chelsea next to come and we are right up the creek again.

We’re not though. We’re 8 points clear of the bottom 3, none of whom seem to have anything about them. I doubt we’d be in it even if we lost all three games. The way we’re playing though I think that’s unlikely. Moshiri will only push the button if relegation looks probable. Under Koeman and Silva they’d had 18 months with their own players and not only was the football awful but the players had given up. We’re not in that situation, the Arsenal game showed that the players are still with the manager. The performances against Spurs and Arsenal were not those of a team in major trouble.

We’re not though. We’re 8 points clear of the bottom 3, none of whom seem to have anything about them. I doubt we’d be in it even if we lost all three games. The way we’re playing though I think that’s unlikely. Moshiri will only push the button if relegation looks probable. Under Koeman and Silva they’d had 18 months with their own players and not only was the football awful but the players had given up. We’re not in that situation, the Arsenal game showed that the players are still with the manager. The performances against Spurs and Arsenal were not those of a team in major trouble.
I could see this manager bridging the 8 point gap and bringing us right into the mix. If he lines out tomorrow again with 2 in the middle then questions must be asked.

Agree that the Arsenal performance was better and the players looked United but I do think Goodison played a huge role in that. If we back up that performance tomorrow at Palace then I will sleep more easily.

No one is saying 9th is good. Prior to the Arsenal game though people were saying that we were going to be relegated, we were the worst team in the league, and they didn’t know were the next point was coming from. That to me seems far more of a massive overreaction than someone pointing out that we’ll go to 9th if we win.
Not at all mate , I’ll be delighted to go 9th at this point , I won’t celebrate it but I’ll certainly take it because I was and right now to a slight degree still am concerned as to where we’ll finish and because I’m an Evertonian. The more points on the board , the higher we are then generally I’m happier . i didn’t see us winning the other night so I’m made up we did , one swallow and all that but its certainly a start .

I was obviously being sarcastic because I’ve no time for the non Everton fan poster who comes across as a little obsessed with the manager .

I could see this manager bridging the 8 point gap and bringing us right into the mix. If he lines out tomorrow again with 2 in the middle then questions must be asked.

Agree that the Arsenal performance was better and the players looked United but I do think Goodison played a huge role in that. If we back up that performance tomorrow at Palace then I will sleep more easily.
If he plays that two again :rant:

2 of them have better form than us over the last 6 and have been picking up points recently. One win against a crap arsenal papers of the cracks. It must be followed up with a win tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back