2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And how hard is it to understand West Ham fans said the same over Moyes and look at them now.

Benitez has managed NINE league games, has had buttons to spend in the transfer market and has had DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure & Mina injured throughout the season already who are our 4 best players with no one anywhere near close to being good enough to replace either one.

Thats not to say he's untouchable from criticism, but how can you, the guy who was calling for his head after the QPR defeat say you know with certainty he cant improve us with time and funds to bring in his own players?

Thats why I cant take your mob seriously - if this was 12 months from now in his 2nd season with £80-100 millions spent in the summer I would half agree with your stance, but as it stands you are acting like an impatient child stamping their feet that Benitez hasn't had us unbeaten sat in the top 4 with a £1.7m budget.

It's embarassing and if the same was said about Ancelotti in the same circumstances in his first 9 games after Silva was sacked they would be laughed at as wind ups.
As I've said, the main issue is the environment around the club and the division caused. I see no example where someone has done well in a scenario like this. I dont see how this will ever work. And equally concerning are the tactical errors in game management and the constant defensive errors.

I dont care about West ham. I care that my team have lost their whole identity and are on a path that leads nowhere but failure and division amongst ourselves. No one wants that.

Interesting listening to Gary Neville. Talks about Solksjaer keeping his job due to the failures of the people coming in like Van Gaal and Mourinho while saying Moyes should have been given more time.

Most of us looking at them can see that they need someone to come in and take them up a level tactically now to win the big prizes. The issue is that big hitters would likely add their own non-United type style like a Conte.

With us, we need to have a defined style of play. Benitez should know back to front exactly what the 'Everton' style of play is -- hes stated several times that he knows what we want to see.

My hope is that he performs a clear out of 50%+ of the squad. He then brings in players to fit into a system and style which we can build on.

At this stage, we need that style of play and system with players brought in who can get us an identity.

Having said that, were not going to attract the players we need unless were top 6.

Our first 11 is around top 6 standard and based on other teams and their additional European fixtures we should be in and around there this season.

He has to get this group of players performing and fast. That was a shambolic capitulation yesterday and it does not reflect well on him at all.
Agree completely, but it's going to take time.

Too many people on here decided before a ball was kicked that they couldn't see beyond one of the managers previous jobs and wanted him gone; meaning the whole damn cycle starts again.

Rafael is here now, he's got the boards backing so let's give him the time. We're not going to get relegated so let's put together a squad and a style of play that even the clueless players we currently have can manage to do.

@ForeverBlue92

Why out of all the managers to back and get behind have you chosen this one? But you wouldn't with the others. Seems like you want to be different and wind people up. Maybe I'm wrong like..

Well.... I backed Silva in his first season up until around Xmas when we were dog crap so about a few months after he spent near £100 million.

I backed Ancelotti the whole time even if I rightly criticised some of his baffling tactics like playing no wide players against Newcastle or playing Alex Iwobi at LB and Tom Davies at RB.

I backed Koeman and never wanted him sacked felt we never gave him a chance and I didn't want Alladyce booted either.

Martinez lost me completely in his 3rd season probably the open few games it was no better than his 2nd.

Not once have I been against a manager before a ball has been kicked especially not after been given £1.7m to spend jesus christ how is that backing the bloke?

And yes I used to be a bit OTT with criticism but yano what im still a relatively youngish lad and thats part of life is growing up and getting some perspective with age/maturity - whereas you have blokes in their mid 40's+ still butt hurt over a comment Benitez made 15 years ago...

It's a criticism because I dont personally like Zonal Marking and it doesnt suit the current players.

However thats the problem of having a squad filled up of players from numerous regimes all with different styles.

Every manager who comes into the club will have this problem from Graham Potter trying to teach our midfield to string 2 passes together to Biesla playing a high line with tugboat Keane at CB.

You give your manager TIME.

Graham Potter - 1 win in 5 another who many want here yet wouldn't get time with our fanbase he would be bald with stress within months if we weren't in the top 6 spots.
Why are you so obsessed with Graham Potter?

And the reason why it was brilliant was because we played 4 CB's, 2 CDM's (including a shackled Doucoure) and camped in our own half relying on set pieces to score a goal and hold on to 1-0 for dear life.

Benitez tries to play more open football like fans wanted and like Koeman & Silva before him these crap defenders can not do the basics.

But hey why let fachts get in the way of an agenda Christopher.
Fans fault again. Jesus.

Why are you so obsessed with Graham Potter?

Because he'll be the favourite to replace Benitez if he goes and if he isn't any better what is the point of spending £15+ million to pay Benitez and his backroom staff off when we are scraping around spending pennies just to avoid a points deduction for Profit/Loss?

We get it you dont like Benitez and haven't given him a chance from day one.

You're so edgy and we love you for it... but reign it in please and back the manager.

Because he'll be the favourite to replace Benitez if he goes and if he isn't any better what is the point of spending £15+ million to pay Benitez and his backroom staff off when we are scraping around spending pennies just to avoid a points deduction for Profit/Loss?

You're so edgy and we love you for it... but reign it in please and back the manager.

Benitez won't actually go unless it all goes really wrong

All most people are saying is you can't absolve any manager of blame when we've just been beaten 5-2 at home by relegation fodder.

We've won one game in six and the style of play is crap. He takes his share of the blame for that.

Fairly certain, the edgy point of view here is yours. Never known anyone fit as far up someone's backside as you have up benitez'.

Maybe try backing the team and not admonishing the manager of all blame by throwing the players under a bus. They all shoulder blame.

Fairly certain, the edgy point of view here is yours. Never known anyone fit as far up someone's backside as you have up benitez'.

Maybe try backing the team and not admonishing the manager of all blame by throwing the players under a bus. They all shoulder blame.

The same team who have pished down your leg and told you it was raining for the past 5 years under numerous managers?

THOSE players?

You see Benitez has done little to make me question him 9 games in - half that shower who get on the pitch have stunk the gaff out for years and taken you all for a ride.

Well, it's as you say 'personnel'. If Benitez had inherited the right personnel at the back his trademark defensive tightness gets repeated here. We have one adequate CB at the club. If he isn't on the pitch we are a disaster waiting to happen.

The two problems you identify are linked: if we have solid set up for set pieces then the discipline is also there to stay in shape and not chase after games.

We need professional centre backs...amongst other players.

I think the thing with Mina is that hes improved a lot, and he also makes the other guys better. Keane looks a lot happier next to him, and Godfrey does too.

We have got to try and get him on the pitch ost weeks, and not sell him!

Benitez won't actually go unless it all goes really wrong

All most people are saying is you can't absolve any manager of blame when we've just been beaten 5-2 at home by relegation fodder.

We've won one game in six and the style of play is crap. He takes his share of the blame for that.

I've seen no one absolve the manager of any blame.

90% players/Brands/board

10% Benitez

I wish it was that simple but when you have Davies, Iwobi and Rondon on the pitch it's like playing with 8. You could add Gomes and Sigurdsson into that mix also. We are not going to be able to bring on players that are the same quality as the ones they replace as they wouldn't be at Everton sitting on the bench if they had that talent. Basically...

...The first 11 are decent enough as there are players whose strengths cover the weaknesses but get beyond that and it falls apart.

We have had an Everton that moment where the spine has been ripped out at the same time. These results will happen if we keep getting this kind of luck and nothing can help in these circumstances as we aren't utd to be able to stockpile decent players, paying them god knows what

Agree completely, but it's going to take time.

Too many people on here decided before a ball was kicked that they couldn't see beyond one of the managers previous jobs and wanted him gone; meaning the whole damn cycle starts again.

Rafael is here now, he's got the boards backing so let's give him the time. We're not going to get relegated so let's put together a squad and a style of play that even the clueless players we currently have can manage to do.
Only disagree with one point. The clueless like Davies and Iwobi won't be able to. Seamus is way past his best now as well, we could go on. He has six or seven worth keeping, bit of a job to do but I think he can.

I'll throw in a few things on Potter.

1) I dont think we could get him. Why is he leaving for us? He will get an easier, better job when he leaves Brighton. And honestly, Brighton have built a nice little set up there. Hes loved too. If he finishes 10th, hes a hero.

2) If he came, I think he would probably improve us IF given time.

3) Its taken him 3 seasons to really start to show that improvement for Brighton. I dont think he gets 3 years here.

4) I'm also not sure, the set up we have would suit a Potter. I wish it did, but I doubt it would.

Aside from the above, I dont see that as realistic. I am resigned to it being either Duncan or Mark Hughes if Benitez goes. Maybe we will be surprised but I have my doubts. We have to be aware of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.