Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its easy to understand - whoever the manager is, whatever league we are in I'll happily support the club.

Listen Everton used to be the be all and end all for me - I missed a family wedding for an away day game, I used to be a moaning arse all weekend if we lost which led to arguments with the missus and family.

18 months ago my life changed - I lost a good friend to COVID, I lost a lot of earnings being S/E, I spent most of my free time in lockdown doing the shopping for my nans street ofargely elderly who were too scared to leave the house thinkingif they did it wasa death sentence. I couldn't even go to Goodison which is my escape from reality one day a week and was forced to watch us on TV in empty soulless stadiums.
Right, now thIs but at least makes perfect sense .

My relationship with the club has certainly changed over the last few years , in my case however our current manager has probably had at least a small part in that .

Its easy to understand - whoever the manager is, whatever league we are in I'll happily support the club.

Listen Everton used to be the be all and end all for me - I missed a family wedding for an away day game, I used to be a moaning arse all weekend if we lost which led to arguments with the missus and family.

18 months ago my life changed - I lost a good friend to COVID, I lost a lot of earnings being S/E, I spent most of my free time in lockdown doing the shopping for my nans street of largely elderly who were too scared to leave the house thinking if they did it was a death sentence. I couldn't even go to Goodison which is my escape from reality one day a week and was forced to watch us on TV in empty soulless stadiums.

So when people say "well you used to moan FB92 at Silva as manager" thats because my priorities in life were completely wrong and ive come to realise Everton winning, losing or drawing doesn't alter my life in any way neither does Benitez or whoever else being our manager.

Benitez is manager
Everton are 9th in the table

If we win Monday great if we dont I wont be booting the dog and demanding "fat pigman kopite" gets sacked / Moshiri be tarred and feathered outside of St Johns.
To be fair, I agree with the sentiment. As Sacchi said, "Football is the most important of the least important things in life." In reality, it's a game - nothing more.

However, and I am being sincere here when I'm say that this is not me being obtuse, why the such passionate defence of Benitez if all the above is true?

I've been quite public in leaning more towards Benitez than not, or at least being more sympathetic to his tenure, but I accept that others do not feel the same.

So why make it a hill to die on? If football isn't important, which it isn't, have your say but don't put your neck out as it's almost coming out like an oxymoron.

'I don't care about football, so I will accept the manager and subsquently defend him to the hilt', shows that you do care a lot, yet in perhaps a different way.

Anyway,we all have a bit of fun on here with goading, jibes and jokes - it's what makes GOT.com the greatest fansite on the t'interweb.

18 months ago my life changed - I lost a good friend to COVID, I lost a lot of earnings being S/E, I spent most of my free time in lockdown doing the shopping for my nans street of largely elderly who were too scared to leave the house thinking if they did it was a death sentence. I couldn't even go to Goodison which is my escape from reality one day a week and was forced to watch us on TV in empty soulless stadiums.

So when people say "well you used to moan FB92 at Silva as manager" thats because my priorities in life were completely wrong and ive come to realise Everton winning, losing or drawing doesn't alter my life in any way neither does Benitez or whoever else being our manager.

Benitez is manager
Everton are 9th in the table

If we win Monday great if we dont I wont be booting the dog and demanding "fat pigman kopite" gets sacked / Moshiri be tarred and feathered outside of St Johns.
I am sorry to hear that you lost your friend, that is sad news but it doesn't alter the fact that you have spent the last year or so trying to wind good blues up - lads who have had their own struggles too.

We all be happy if we win on Monday and I do hope the manager finds a way to get us winning but the lads and lasses on here have every right to put the boot into Benitez if he makes stupid decisions. Remember how ready you were to do the same to Ancelotti at a time we were doing really well?

People need to ask themselves if Benitez was sacked tomorrow would they:

Wake up richer?
Wake up healthier?

If the answer is no then stop crying over something you have no control of. He's manager and thats the end of it so back the guy instead of spending everyday in a depressed state over a game of football.
1635621532190.webp

At roughly the same point of the season too. Your motives for Benitez love and Ancelotti are less than subtle.

To be fair, I agree with the sentiment. As Sacchi said, "Football is the most important of the least important things in life." In reality, it's a game - nothing more.

However, and I am being sincere here when I'm say that this is not me being obtuse, why the such passionate defence of Benitez if all the above is true?

I've been quite public in leaning more towards Benitez than not, or at least being more sympathetic to his tenure, but I accept that others do not feel the same.

So why make it a hill to die on? If football isn't important, which it isn't, have your say but don't put your neck out as it's almost coming out like an oxymoron.

'I don't care about football, so I will accept the manager and subsquently defend him to the hilt', shows that you do care a lot, yet in perhaps a different way.

Anyway,we all have a bit of fun on here with goading, jibes and jokes - it's what makes GOT.com the greatest fansite on the t'interweb.

I only defend Benitez from unfair criticism.

Criticising him for our set piece record - I haven't a problem with that (although I blame our defenders just as much for not doing the basics)

But Criticising him for signing Rondon when we were shopping for a free transfer, for not playing a kid in Dobbin, for losing to teams like West Ham with 3-4 of our best players out is unfair so I have to point out the hypocrisy that other managers not called Rafael Benitez would have had more rope/goodwill with the fanbase - Ancelotti played with no wingers against Newcastle & Iwobi at LB against Leeds Utd - Benitez would be strung up for doing that!

And I totally understand peoples argument of thats why its a poor appointment by the board - but ultimately thats more down to the fans than the board.

We are up to our eyeballs with FFP
building a £500+ million stadium
A squad of medicore players outside of a handfull
A reputation of sacking managers

For all we know Benitez was the best available so hounding the fella from day one I just cant understand.

As I say there is a lot to be angry about in the world at the moment but an ex LFC manager from Spain who supports Real Madrid isn't one of them.

It's been obvious for year's that many of our midfielders can't play in a two, we were ripped apart in the last two games playing just two in there. That along with his mad zonal marking and starting Rondon regardless are worrying signs of his stubborness.
Are all managers stubborn or is it just something we seem to be cursed with?

The 3 players he has signed for £1.7m have been better than our whole recruitment for the past 5 years in proportion. Get behind him blues.

Most of the Benitez haters are the biggest gaslighters going.

Call our manager names, overreact to any bad result while ignoring any positives, ignore the injuries to our key players while acting as if he's had loads of time and money to shape the squad, then pretend it's the people defending him who are overeacting to everything. hahaha

Then they have the cheek to accuse anyone who defends him of being a RS.

Hilarious how idiotic some people can be while having the cheek to expect to have their opinions taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back