Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it bizarre to sign in a foreigner as 3rd choice centre back? Man city signed mangala and otamendi as 1st choices and look at them...

I can understand getting an established player from the European leagues but someone who's been applying their trade in Argentina? The standard of football there is extraordinarily poor.

@orly i more than most would love to see Galloway next to Stones BUT i dont think you can drop an Argentine international new signing for a 19 year old kid who has never played centre back in the prem before...

Would destroy Mori's confidence.

@dannyboy Fair enough but hes also playing every game for the national team now

@sageyefc Correct, all roads lead to Howard

Can you copy/paste it mate?

Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori holds hands up after Leicester penalty error

Ramiro Funes Mori insists he will learn from his mistakes after paying the penalty against Leicester City.

The Argentina defender gave away a spot-kick last weekend after hauling down Shinji Okazaki mid-way through the first-half at Goodison.

Funes Mori insists he should have cleared his lines when he had the chance but his hesitation allowed the Leicester forward to steal a march on him.

Riyad Mahrez converted the penalty to hand the visitors the lead and Mori has held his hands up after the mistake.

“Maybe if I don’t give him the chance to go for the ball and, instead, had cleared the ball when I had the chance,” the £9.5m defender said.

“But I gave him the chance and I had to grab him and it’s a penalty.

“This is a top league and so the strikers are going to be stronger and quicker than in Argentina.

“If you make a mistake then they put the ball in the back of the net and that makes this a move competitive league.”

Everton have been conceding soft goals of late, with a number coming from set-pieces and crosses into the box.

Funes Mori, 24, has revealed that the Blues continue to work hard on defending corners and free-kicks in training and know they must become nastier.

We have been conceding set-piece goals recently and so we have been working on that and we know we need to maintain our concentration and focus in those situations,” he said.

“We need to be more aggressive when we are defending corners because it is not good to conceded from set-pieces.

“It is not good at all.”

Funes Mori and his family will be joined by Blues forward Leandro Rodriguez and his girlfriend for Christmas dinner.

“I miss Argentina because my family are all back there but Everton have made me feel comfortable,” Funes Mori added.

Thrown in at the deep end.

Don't want to be too critical on the lad, he needs time - as soon as Jagielka is back he'll be out the side.

Remember when you hated Jags mate Vs Arsenal at home and 2-0 up at half -time ha ha!!

I agree wholly though on this, the lads been poor but the deserves time, as Jags and more recently Kolceilney at Arsenal have proven that time and coaching can make top defenders - he has a lot of physical attributes.

I like Mori.

If we dropped him we would have nobody who can win headers.

If people could take the penalty incident out of the equation then you would see that mori was our strongest player in the air and was dominant but like some poster has rightly flagged that he is not too strong he is faced with the ball on the ground. He is still learning to cope wit the power and speed of our league. Jags is an experienced player but not strong in the air and I would say is a total opposite to mori at the moment. Stones is world class on the ball but still has to learn quite a bit on the defensive side. Basically we are a bit turd with defensive players via inexperience at CB positions but take note that we have always been a bit a turd defensively at full back positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back