Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's probably a bit of truth here.

But Stones plays better with Jagielka to guide and to some extent teach him.
Tbh think Stones been very up and down this season, started of quite ropey then took a while to find form but has gone a little iffy again the last few matches.

Since jags been out stats put mori as having more an impact defensively than John has. Problem is both of them need some experience next to them

Tbh think Stones been very up and down this season, started of quite ropey then took a while to find form but has gone a little iffy again the last few matches.

Since jags been out stats put mori as having more an impact defensively than John has. Problem is both of them need some experience next to them

Definitely. They need someone to learn from. Learning from each other will only get them so far.

Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori holds hands up after Leicester penalty error

Ramiro Funes Mori insists he will learn from his mistakes after paying the penalty against Leicester City.

The Argentina defender gave away a spot-kick last weekend after hauling down Shinji Okazaki mid-way through the first-half at Goodison.

Funes Mori insists he should have cleared his lines when he had the chance but his hesitation allowed the Leicester forward to steal a march on him.

Riyad Mahrez converted the penalty to hand the visitors the lead and Mori has held his hands up after the mistake.

“Maybe if I don’t give him the chance to go for the ball and, instead, had cleared the ball when I had the chance,” the £9.5m defender said.

“But I gave him the chance and I had to grab him and it’s a penalty.

“This is a top league and so the strikers are going to be stronger and quicker than in Argentina.

“If you make a mistake then they put the ball in the back of the net and that makes this a move competitive league.”

Everton have been conceding soft goals of late, with a number coming from set-pieces and crosses into the box.

Funes Mori, 24, has revealed that the Blues continue to work hard on defending corners and free-kicks in training and know they must become nastier.

We have been conceding set-piece goals recently and so we have been working on that and we know we need to maintain our concentration and focus in those situations,” he said.

“We need to be more aggressive when we are defending corners because it is not good to conceded from set-pieces.

“It is not good at all.”

Funes Mori and his family will be joined by Blues forward Leandro Rodriguez and his girlfriend for Christmas dinner.

“I miss Argentina because my family are all back there but Everton have made me feel comfortable,” Funes Mori added.
I like his attitude. If he works hard he can be a very good center back in years to come.

I like his attitude. If he works hard he can be a very good center back in years to come.
I've got a good attitude, doesn't mean I'll get better at defending..Bad buy for nearly £10 million if that's a true figure. A lot of money on someone who has a good attitude and might be very good if!!!! Don't we buy young prospects for a couple of hundred thousand pounds or bring youth through for the "can be a very good centre back"

I've got a good attitude, doesn't mean I'll get better at defending..Bad buy for nearly £10 million if that's a true figure. A lot of money on someone who has a good attitude and might be very good if!!!! Don't we buy young prospects for a couple of hundred thousand pounds or bring youth through for the "can be a very good centre back"
Ten mill is really not much for a young international center back nowadays. Look at what city spent on Mangala...

Honestly I think Mori has looked decent so far, just needs time to adjust to playing a better quality of striker.

he's been sound aside from like two mistakes, quiet down.

Ten mill is really not much for a young international center back nowadays. Look at what city spent on Mangala...

Honestly I think Mori has looked decent so far, just needs time to adjust to playing a better quality of striker.
Yes it is and I don't care what a team like City spunks their money on! We can't do that. And he has not looked decent unless you are watching a different game to me.. He has 2 or 3 mistakes each game, his positional play I could overlook if we didn't spend circa £10 mill.. But his speed and tackling,distribution(which is a joke) says to me a waste of money... If he played for Norwich this season and you watched him, would you want to buy him for a lot of money??

Yes it is and I don't care what a team like City spunks their money on! We can't do that. And he has not looked decent unless you are watching a different game to me.. He has 2 or 3 mistakes each game, his positional play I could overlook if we didn't spend circa £10 mill.. But his speed and tackling,distribution(which is a joke) says to me a waste of money... If he played for Norwich this season and you watched him, would you want to buy him for a lot of money??
You're not only wrong.. but you've made yourself out to be a liar.. your attitude to new players with quite a bit of ignorance and allowance in letting his [very minor so far] mistakes go out of his game means well.. your attitude isn't good.. at all.

You're not only wrong.. but you've made yourself out to be a liar.. your attitude to new players with quite a bit of ignorance and allowance in letting his [very minor so far] mistakes go out of his game means well.. your attitude isn't good.. at all.
Haha.. Actually as I typed that I think you might be serious.

Wow! I'm not even judging him until next season. Let's leave throwing things on the scrapheap after two minutes to that shower over the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back