Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Solid 3rd-choice CB which is exactly the role we signed him for. Jagielka and Stones are undoubtedly our best pairing at the back though, that partnership should always be first choice.

Solid 3rd-choice CB which is exactly the role we signed him for. Jagielka and Stones are undoubtedly our best pairing at the back though, that partnership should always be first choice.
disagree completely, no partnership should be 'always first choice'

Mori is a premier league level defender, already a good one.

There are games in which he will be far more suited, because of his superior strength and aerial ability, to stones or jagielka, so it really is horses for courses, he is different to them both, in some situations he is better, in others he is not.

For me he is jagielkas replacement, whether how soon or far that is, i don't know.

He is becoming the real deal. I hope his homesickness has diminished. Insurance policy for the future I would say. If Barca comes calling for Stones if the rag rumours have any substance to them.

There are games in which he will be far more suited, because of his superior strength and aerial ability, to stones or jagielka, so it really is horses for courses, he is different to them both, in some situations he is better, in others he is not.

For me he is jagielkas replacement, whether how soon or far that is, i don't know.

Precisely and Martinez has said he likes having different types of players in each position.

I was thinking Barca may offer us Marc Bartra in a cash + player deal for Stones but as hes an LCB and we have Mori now and Galloway behind him we dont really need him.

Clearly signed as a mid term replacement for Jags and not Stones as some feared.

I think you should always keep the same central defensive partners when suitable though - so barring a major drop in form from either Stones or Jags, if we play two centre-backs then they should be selected when fit.

Mori has proven he has the ability to play at this level and has started more games than many- i'd wager including himself - would have thought. He adds real quality competition (as Byram will for Coleman) and will push Jags and Stones to be better.

He also gives us that option of switching for cup games when needed, or as a substitute (like vs Chelsea) and we know we are getting a quality player coming into the game.

I don't see why it should be set in stone that Jags and Stones should "always be first choice" no matter how well Funes Mori is doing when he is called up.

Really impressed with his goal on saturday (and celebration afterwards)

the lad's got desire and seems to be a winner from his time back home so in 12 months time he could well be a fantastic player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back