Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because at least he showed he cares. Stupid tackle yes, I agree, I'm sure he regrets it aswell.

There should be more criticism for every other player on the pitch who hid away and allowed us to get destroyed by our biggest rivals.

It was over at half time. We have a small time mentality as a club

When we're celebrating a knobhead challenge like that is when we show that 'small time mentality'.

Game wasn't over at 2-0, with 11 men.

Because at least he showed he cares. Stupid tackle yes, I agree, I'm sure he regrets it aswell.

There should be more criticism for every other player on the pitch who hid away and allowed us to get destroyed by our biggest rivals.

It was over at half time. We have a small time mentality as a club
I do agree about the mentality bit. The RS have a winning mentality. They don't always win but they do have it. We need that too.

Can't we appeal this??

I know you can't appesl 2 yellows but you can straight reds. Even if it gets upheld, it may means he's allowed to play in the semi as they would have to make a quick decision or he'd be ok to play.

I'd rather he got his ban increased but we had him for Sat first.

Clutching at straws I know......

The one player on the pitch who shows a bit of passion and he is heavily criticised.

Rather a team of cleverleys?
Behave! He was playing guff anyways. showing passion isn't about trying to injure someone then patting the badge. he's an embarrassment. Hope the Liverpool lad is alright

When we're celebrating a knobhead challenge like that is when we show that 'small time mentality'.

Game was over before we went on. He was the only player even close to being match fit both physically and mentally. We weren't winning that game. Ramiro lost his head but at least he shows it hurts. The others didn't even look remotely bothered.

Also my moment of the season is Mori putting that clueless blert Graeme Jones back in his box. Everton v Wigan encapsulated in one moment.

You honestly think we would have had a chance at 2-0 in the derby at anfield?

I've spoken about this before and without sounding like a broken record, we simply don't have the mentality to get a result in a game like this when we go behind.

Going off topic now anyway, I suppose the point I'm trying to make is we need a spine of players who actually care about the club. Players who will fight for the team and if they make a mistake with a bad tackle and get sent off once in a while then so be it.

Whilst I don't advocate or actively want our players to purposely go injuring opposition players at all... We've been too nice for far too long and it's got us nowhere.

How is such a bad tackle showing passion?!? Can somebody explain this to me please? It was a terrible challenge, like, awful.

We'd lost anyway, he wasn't close to the ball to be fair but you can see what he was trying to do.

Can't blame him for tonight, we were going to lose regardless.

There's no defending him at all for that. He's walking away unaware if he's broke Origi's ankle or not, punching his badge? It's just so crass. He isn't trying to win over south American ultras anymore, christ.

I wouldn't say I'm defending him, rather than offering a potential explanation for the mandatory derby sending off.

I just think there's a difference between purposely trying to break someone's ankle at lightning speed then punching the badge as if to say "I did it for the club, rarrrrr..!!" after being sent off in a derby, to losing your head in a poor disciplined moment then punching the badge whilst being heckled and abused by kopites who are loving it.

I have no idea at this point which of those scenarios actually happened, although I agree that the outcome has now happened and we are weaker because of it.

United will bum us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back