Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is he disrespecting the country?

He is stating his opinion on a certain topic. If I say the pot holes in the roads by mine are doing my head in (and they are..) for example then I am merely stating my opinion on one aspect of the UK. It's not disrespecting anything.
British and Argentinians died in the Conflict. Rememberance should be observed, not pushing political agendas

Yes and I've done it several times to dear @Sapie88

And also are you then implying that the armed forces infact are violent
I'm implying if you called someone a war criminal, chances are you'd get a smack and deserve it, same as if you call someone a nonce etc without good reason

Last time I checked mate, he was Ramiro Funes Mori - defender for Everton and Argentina - not Ramiro Funes Mori, MP for Las Malvinas.
But the statement is politically motivated , historically its routinely trotted out when politicians are attempting to rouse public support

British and Argentinians died in the Conflict. Rememberance should be observed, not pushing political agendas

Grand, that's still not disrespecting the county though...

Its always been a hot topic in Argentina, he is Argentinian. Twitter is a (generally)a world wide thing. I don't see why him playing over here should alter his opinion or make him change his tweet at all.

I'm implying if you called someone a war criminal, chances are you'd get a smack and deserve it, same as if you call someone a nonce etc without good reason
I'd imagine if I asked a member of her majesty's death squad so much as the time of day they'd try to assault me, violence is what they do

Reactions: Tez

I understand the context mate.

He's an Argentine who believes the island is theirs - just like many of his countrymen. His countrymen were slaughtered in battle over something they believe is theirs.

He's respecting the fallen - as people do in this country.

If it was just about the fallen mate, fair enough, but considering where he plys his trade, it was poorly judged/worded I think.

It cost both sides ordinary peoples lives, not the the politicians who sent them unfortunately.

Grand, that's still not disrespecting the county though...

Its always been a hot topic in Argentina, he is Argentinian. Twitter is a (generally)a world wide thing. I don't see why him playing over here should alter his opinion or make him change his tweet at all.
Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
In the same manner I think it's disgusting how James McLean cherry picks a minority of people as an excuse to refuse to wear a poppy. I find that insulting to all the Irish that fought alongside allied forces in both world wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back