Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
In the same manner I think it's disgusting how James McLean cherry picks a minority of people as an excuse to refuse to wear a poppy. I find that insulting to all the Irish that fought alongside allied forces in both world wars

James McLean thinks the slaughter of his people on the Bogside was disgusting. Don't see how you fail to understand why people from that community have negative attitudes towards the British Army.

Just because he plays in England doesn't matter.

He's Argentine and has put it on Twitter - a worldwide platform, where the majority of his followers are also Argentine.

It obviously does or it wouldn’t have the audience or reaction it’s got. The majority of his club's fans are English.

I personally think they have no place when paying respects to fallen servicemen and women of All sides, particularly when politics are partly responsible for the deaths

And fair play, you are more then entitled to have that belief.

He is also entitled to not think that way.

It seems like we are all for freedom of speech until a foreigner expresses an opinion which is arguably anti-British, then all of a sudden it's a case of "We allow you to make a living, so you shouldn't be allowed to express that opinion".

Many, many people state that the Iraq war was an illegal, unjustified disaster all the time and no one batters an eye lid.

Oh he's entitled to say what he likes about it. But not the brightest thing to say when he lives here and people died. War always gonna be emotive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back