Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was just about the fallen mate, fair enough, but considering where he plys his trade, it was poorly judged/worded I think.

It cost both sides ordinary peoples lives, not the the politicians who sent them unfortunately.

Just because he plays in England doesn't matter.

He's Argentine and has put it on Twitter - a worldwide platform, where the majority of his followers are also Argentine.

I understand the context mate.

He's an Argentine who believes the island is theirs - just like many of his countrymen. His countrymen were slaughtered in battle over something they believe is theirs.

He's respecting the fallen - as people do in this country.

But its not theirs, its DEFO not ours, but its certainly not theirs, but we "won the war" so they can just pipe down, dont see Russia giving Ukraine back do ya.

You can pay your respects without being political and disrespecting the country that allows you to earn a living

It seems like we are all for freedom of speech until a foreigner expresses an opinion which is arguably anti-British, then all of a sudden it's a case of "We allow you to make a living, so you shouldn't be allowed to express that opinion".

Many, many people state that the Iraq war was an illegal, unjustified disaster all the time and no one batters an eye lid.

Fair enough you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
In the same manner I think it's disgusting how James McLean cherry picks a minority of people as an excuse to refuse to wear a poppy. I find that insulting to all the Irish that fought alongside allied forces in both world wars

Fighting a war to stop facism so that people could feel free to have their own beliefs, like opting not to wear a poppy or saying a bunch of stupid little islands belong to them?

If he doesn't want to wear one then he shouldn't be made to wear one and he shouldn't have to explain himself because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back