Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

RBL News

- Purported deal for Tanguy Kouassi in the Summer has apparently hit a snag with him allegedly now wanting to stick around at PSG after he got a game last week. We shall see if he falls for that little Tuchel trick.
- Club linked with Vancouver's Hwang In-Beom... absolutely no idea if he's any good but apparently Vancouver have been scouring the Korean market already for a replacement.
MLS scouting report: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...vancouver-whitecaps-new-midfielder-hwang-beom
- Matheus Cunha, currently away with Brazil U20's, scored in a 3-1 win over Uruguay in the South American Olympic qualification group. Linked with a move away but doubt anything will happen as he's with Brazil till February.
- RBL have had the second largest growth % in home attendance since last season and are now filling out 96% of the ground for home games with work getting started to increase capacity.
- No fresh news on Dani Olmo or Valentino Lazaro.

Update on Olmo:

Spanish paper AS report that the transfer is done and will be finalised in the next few days with a fee of 30m euros. Considering last reports were 16/17m bids I'm not sure how reliable that is but also a more realistic value for his talent. Press acknowledges he wants a move this winter to increase his chances of making the Spain squad for the Euros and to continue in the CL after Zagreb were knocked out.

Croatian daily paper Sportske novosti report that Olmo left the club's training camp to travel to Zagreb this morning to begin his medical. Could be wrapped up quickly and will be a club & league record sale (previously held by Marko Pjaca's 23m euro move to Juventus).

I will be absolutely thrilled if this one happens as he's been a special player for many years now.

Last edited:

RBL Press Conference

- Konate, Orban & Kampl long-term absentees for the away game vs Frankfurt on Saturday. Forsberg and Klostermann should make the game after minor issues. Schick struggling all week with a minor hamstring issue so remains to be seen if he starts but Poulsen is the replacement anyway so *shrug*

- Boss recognises the difficulty of playing Frankfurt and says the team needs to "get in a certain frame of mind: readiness, hunger, being really tough to beat; we'll have to scratch and claw our way to victory."

- Nagelsmann naturally coy in the presser re: Olmo's transfer stating "he's an interesting player" but doesn't want to talk about anyone not under contract. Reports that the deal will be 30m euros + 15m in bonuses seems far more realistic than the numbers being reported yesterday. Player should be in Germany at some point today for the medical and it'll be a 5 and a half year deal.

- He also attacked a trio of young players currently pushing for moves away this winter (Cunha, Lookman and Wolf). Poorly Google translated quotes are easy to follow and he's bang on with what he says:

"It is a current trend that every player who is not a regular player always wants to leave immediately. It has to be a virtue to always stick to something, even if a phase of a career is not going so well. I don't like that you always run away from everything. We cannot give or lend everyone who is dissatisfied. It is part of a career to go through a valley, to endure something negative, to stay with it, not to struggle. It doesn't help anyone to run away only when something doesn't work well. Then I played at 27 clubs at the age of 24 and never got anywhere."

Take note, Ademola...

Only up the road from you, lazy arse.
We've got a bit of space over here. Not like taking a day trip to Scotland.

MLS is hard to follow. There's like 35 teams, they play at random times and the end of the season they play at the same time as the NFL. The quality is awful so I wouldn't expect much.

Nicola Schira, an apparently reliable journo in the Haller to West Ham deal, has announced the Olmo to RBL deal is done and will be 20m + bonuses with a contract till 2024 @ 3m per year.

Will await an official announcement but I am erect.

We've got a bit of space over here. Not like taking a day trip to Scotland.

MLS is hard to follow. There's like 35 teams, they play at random times and the end of the season they play at the same time as the NFL. The quality is awful so I wouldn't expect much.

Up. The. Road.

Figured you guys would get all MLS games screened every match day on your cable channels. Thought you might have seen Vancouver vs your team (if you have a team).

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back