Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

I did say this...

And this...

And also some questionable shouts about him needing to stop being benched for Dom. But regardless I just hadn't got to the point where I thought he should look elsewhere. If he still wasn't playing right now that probably would have changed.

Hmm well I suspect you wouldn't have ever suggest Kean leave for mins before Richarlison got injured. These were the full quotes btw, they were aimed at Hannes Wolf not Lookman but I'm sure he was aiming it his way too:

"Frankly, I don't understand the uproar. Nothing has happened yet, it's not like he was on the bench for six months," Nagelsmann said in an interview with Kicker.

"He played a few games in a season phase that was very significant. These appearances can be seen as a small glimmer of hope on the one hand, but also as a small gift from the coach on the other hand," the RB Leipzig coach said.

In general, Nagelsmann believes young players today are too quick to say that they want to leave if they aren't playing as much as they would like to.

"These days, it seems like every player who isn't playing regularly wants to leave immediately," Nagelsmann told Kicker and added that he believes young players "should strive to keep working, even if a phase in their career isn't going so well."

"Basically, we can't say goodbye to every player who is unsatisfied when he isn't playing. We can't go through the second half of the season with 11 or 12 players, and it's part of the game to go through such a phase in the course of a career."

Hmm well I suspect you wouldn't have ever suggest Kean leave for mins before Richarlison got injured. These were the full quotes btw, they were aimed at Hannes Wolf not Lookman but I'm sure he was aiming it his way too:

"Frankly, I don't understand the uproar. Nothing has happened yet, it's not like he was on the bench for six months," Nagelsmann said in an interview with Kicker.

"He played a few games in a season phase that was very significant. These appearances can be seen as a small glimmer of hope on the one hand, but also as a small gift from the coach on the other hand," the RB Leipzig coach said.

In general, Nagelsmann believes young players today are too quick to say that they want to leave if they aren't playing as much as they would like to.

"These days, it seems like every player who isn't playing regularly wants to leave immediately," Nagelsmann told Kicker and added that he believes young players "should strive to keep working, even if a phase in their career isn't going so well."

"Basically, we can't say goodbye to every player who is unsatisfied when he isn't playing. We can't go through the second half of the season with 11 or 12 players, and it's part of the game to go through such a phase in the course of a career."
I wouldn't have wanted Kean to leave but I would have understood it.

Again I don't really think anyone has to accept the whole "work hard and you might play later" thing if they have options to go elsewhere. He says it isn't like he's not played for 6 months but he's got like 2 starts and 200 total minutes. I think the Wolf lad has 2 league minutes. Some gift. He had more glimmers here FFS. Every quote you post of Nagelsmann makes him seem more of a tit FWIW.

I wouldn't have wanted Kean to leave but I would have understood it.

Again I don't really think anyone has to accept the whole "work hard and you might play later" thing if they have options to go elsewhere. He says it isn't like he's not played for 6 months but he's got like 2 starts and 200 total minutes. I think the Wolf lad has 2 league minutes. Some gift. He had more glimmers here FFS. Every quote you post of Nagelsmann makes him seem more of a tit FWIW.

The 6 months part was because of Wolf's broken ankle. He only returned to fitness just before the Christmas break.

Brilliant manager, straight talking and insightful. As with any non-PL league it's nice to hear more info from managers, sporting directors etc. during the week.

The 6 months part was because of Wolf's broken ankle. He only returned to fitness just before the Christmas break.

Brilliant manager, straight talking and insightful. As with any non-PL league it's nice to hear more info from managers, sporting directors etc. during the week.
I know tactically he's a genius but if my boss came to me and said me giving you a chance is a gift, show thanks for it I'd be polishing up the resume that evening.

My dad in his very limited PL viewing always swore he should play striker. I never really saw it but it is a theory.

He plays a lot like Werner and RBL don't have a replacement for him yet at the club. Can see them shopping in Salzburg in the Summer but there's an opening for him. Obviously plays as an attacking mid/wide normally but that position is a bit weird in the RBL set up. To add to the fact there are 3 (almost 4) elite players ahead of him there.

He plays a lot like Werner and RBL don't have a replacement for him yet at the club. Can see them shopping in Salzburg in the Summer but there's an opening for him. Obviously plays as an attacking mid/wide normally but that position is a bit weird in the RBL set up. To add to the fact there are 3 (almost 4) elite players ahead of him there.
Where's Werner likely off to? Please tell me Bayern are going to do the right thing and keep him out of RS hands.

Where's Werner likely off to? Please tell me Bayern are going to do the right thing and keep him out of RS hands.

Not sure - it changes daily. I have a sneaky suspicion he may still be at RBL next season too. His buyout clause is also incorrect to what was first reported I think. Wherever he goes he will be demanding 90 mins every single game and he won't get that at Bayern or Liverpool. Real Madrid? We shall see...

Not sure - it changes daily. I have a sneaky suspicion he may still be at RBL next season too. His buyout clause is also incorrect to what was first reported I think. Wherever he goes he will be demanding 90 mins every single game and he won't get that at Bayern or Liverpool. Real Madrid? We shall see...
Juve maybe?

Juve maybe?

Dybala, Ronaldo and Higuain? Nope. You have to look at it and work out his aspirations as a player. He wants titles and he wants trophies just the same as every player but right now he's in a team going for a title, through the groups of the CL. Moving to Bayern say is the same scenario but with a slightly stronger chance of winning them (for now). Unless he wants to try a new league out I think he might just stay.

If he goes, massive loss in terms of goals but he can be replaced.

Dybala, Ronaldo and Higuain? Nope. You have to look at it and work out his aspirations as a player. He wants titles and he wants trophies just the same as every player but right now he's in a team going for a title, through the groups of the CL. Moving to Bayern say is the same scenario but with a slightly stronger chance of winning them (for now). Unless he wants to try a new league out I think he might just stay.

If he goes, massive loss in terms of goals but he can be replaced.
I was thinking they move Higuain and play some kind of front 3 with him Ronaldo and Dybala

I was thinking they move Higuain and play some kind of front 3 with him Ronaldo and Dybala

He loves that left channel Ronaldo still loves so not sure. Plus again it's the price - that 30m is not quite right from what I've been reading lately. Honestly think maybe even a Chelsea would be more appealing being the main man.

One of these two will come in if/when he goes:

He loves that left channel Ronaldo still loves so not sure. Plus again it's the price - that 30m is not quite right from what I've been reading lately. Honestly think maybe even a Chelsea would be more appealing being the main man.

One of these two will come in if/when he goes:

What's Lookman been doing there mate, is he getting game time, if so what's he been like.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back